Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Determining how long device has been in defined state Post 302766859 by dukessd on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 03:01:02 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Um, did you think of asking them?
Please post back if it is anything other than "because I noticed it in the lsdev output" ;0)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hitting with custom port in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time in solaris 10

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
0 Replies

2. AIX

Device Available / Define state

Hi, I would like to know wheather it is possible to make device in availabe state? if for same reason os is not able to make it in available state. and it is in define state. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
DEVCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 DEVCTL(8)

NAME
devctl -- device control utility SYNOPSIS
devctl attach device devctl detach [-f] device devctl disable [-f] device devctl enable device devctl suspend device devctl resume device devctl set driver [-f] device driver DESCRIPTION
The devctl utility adjusts the state of individual devices in the kernel's internal device hierarchy. Each invocation of devctl consists of a single command followed by command-specific arguments. Each command operates on a single device specified via the device argument. The device may be specified either as the name of an existing device or as a bus-specific address. More details on supported address formats can be found in devctl(3). The following commands are supported: attach device Force the kernel to re-probe the device. If a suitable driver is found, it is attached to the device. detach [-f] device Detach the device from its current device driver. If the -f flag is specified, the device driver will be detached even if the device is busy. disable [-f] device Disable a device. If the device is currently attached to a device driver, the device driver will be detached from the device, but the device will retain its current name. If the -f flag is specified, the device driver will be detached even if the device is busy. enable device Enable a device. The device will probe and attach if a suitable device driver is found. Note that this can re-enable a device dis- abled at boot time via a loader tunable. suspend device Suspend a device. This may include placing the device in a reduced power state. resume device Resume a suspended device to a fully working state. set driver [-f] device driver Force the device to use a device driver named driver. If the device is already attached to a device driver and the -f flag is speci- fied, the device will be detached from its current device driver before it is attached to the new device driver. If the device is already attached to a device driver and the -f flag is not specified, the device will not be changed. SEE ALSO
devctl(3), devinfo(8) HISTORY
The devctl utility first appeared in FreeBSD 11.0. BSD
February 5, 2015 BSD