Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved]Can anyone tell me why -H flag with sudo doesn't switch to the target user's home directory? Post 302766725 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 08:17:22 AM
Old 02-05-2013
It says "sets the HOME..." not goes to...
Look:
Code:
ran12:/home/vbe/admin/script $ sudo -H -u prod -s
ran12:/home/vbe/admin/script $ id
uid=1101(prod) gid=220(prod) groups=60(oper),300(dba),310(sas)
ran12:/home/vbe/admin/script $ cd
ran12:/prd/users/prod $

And so, it was set correctly as specified in the man pages...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem: Automounting Home directory for nis & nfs configuration doesn't work

Hi all, First of all, i am so sorry about my bad level in English writing. I have some problem in linux and i hope the experts of this forum to help me if they have enough time to reply to me. I have a scenario of configuring NIS and NFS in Redhat Linux environment such that user can login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioneer
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to switch user in shell scripting (without sudo)?

Hi everyone: I have a big trouble, I need create a script that must switch user and then must execute certain commands, sadly neither my user nor the second user have no privileges for sudo, I've tried everything but seems su doesn't accept input redirection, please help me, it's very... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

User's home directory

Hi, By default user's home directory will be /home/$user. I want to change it to /javauser/$user. How can I do it? Thanks Jeevan. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Toggle Flag/Switch Value with Sed

I am trying to figure out a one liner to toggle a flag variable. eg. FLAG=0 Is there a way to use sed to toggle above example between 0 and 1. That is if run with flag set to zero it would change it to one if run again it would set it to zero. I thought I had it figured but the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsquared
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo needs to source target user's .shrc

I'm configuring a sudo Runas_Alias in the sudoers file on a hp-ux 11.31 system. The goal is to allow some hp-ux accounts to sudo to a service account and run commands as that user. Here's the related sudoers entries: User_Alias DMSTAFF = %dmstaff Runas_Alias DMALIAS = dmadmin DMSTAFF ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mp5802
2 Replies

7. Solaris

User directory doesn't exist

Hii all, i create the user useradd -d /home/kk kk passwd kk when i tried to login to kk i get a error user directory doesn't exist then i tried useradd kkk passwd kkkwhen i tried to login to kkk i get the same error user directory doesn't exist. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to delete a user and home directory

Good Afternoon, I'm trying userdel -r username on Solaris 9 and getting UX: userdel: ERROR: unable to find status about home directory: No such file or directory I see the user's home directory and getent passwd shows the user Anybody know what's causing it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
services-admin(1)					      General Commands Manual						 services-admin(1)

NAME
services-admin - Services Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
services-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
services-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. services-admin allows you to specify which services will be started during the system boot process. OPTIONS
services-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
services-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
users-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 services-admin(1)