Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare 2 Solaris 10 servers
Operating Systems Solaris Compare 2 Solaris 10 servers Post 302766705 by hiddenshadow on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 07:16:03 AM
Old 02-05-2013
Thank for the link... It helps me!
Do you know if this command use much CPU? Because these servers are productive and I did not want to break it?

Thanks a lot for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare directories on two servers

We are migrating from one server to another. We have encountered problems during testing where some files are missed in the restore and/or permissions do not get restored correctly. I have been manually checking these items in directories, but its a big system. And this is just the test phase.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Compare & Move between 2 servers

Greetings - I am a newbie in shell scripts. I have been thru the whole forum but there has been no similar query posed. The objective of my system is to have a unified filebase system. I am using RSync to synchronise files between the location & central server with both of them having the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolve
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 Solaris servers

hello I want to compare settings on 2 servers. 1] what is the command to ssh on servers and execute commands such as prtconf | grep Memory uname -a 2] Do you have a built-in script that executes this service? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

4. Solaris

directory compare in two different servers

How can we get the directory tree along with the size in two different servers and find the difference between the list..?? Eg, Server1 dirTree1 -size Server 2 dirTree2 -size how can we find the directory tree with its size, and find the difference, where the servers are different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two directories in different servers

I have a requirement. I need to write a shell script which will compare two directories residing in two different servers (SERVER A and SERVER B) and list out the discrepancies if found any. Script will be running from SERVER A. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakysk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Compare Files accross different servers.

Hi all, This is my situation. First thing is I cannot use rsync to accomplish this. I don't have on my systems and we can't put it on. I run HP-UX 11v3. I have a list of files generated every day which tells me which files are not in sync with the rest of the servers.I want to ls -l the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the files in 2 different servers for change or modification

I have the following requirement; I need to compare set of files in 2 different servers A and B. Both have same sets of files and directory structure First I need to move the files from Server A to server B Compare the corresponding file in B server and see if it has modified (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in 2 servers

I need to compare same set of files in 2 different servers and generate a list (in STDOUT) which contain all the files that have changed. I don't have permission to create any temp files or folders in either servers. - One option is to use ' if '. But for this I need to move file1 to one server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to compare values between servers

Hi I am a beginner in UNIX and shell scripting and i have a requirement as stated below, requirement Login to a unix server 1 1. connect to a database mysql -uUsername -pPassword 2. Select a Schema : "Use Schemaname1" 3. query for a particular record ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hamdul
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare md5sum two servers' setup

I'm trying to think of a way to compare two boxes and make sure their files will be the same. There may be extra files on one side and some on the other. I also need to make sure the file content is identical. So far I've gotten this to create a file find /directorypath/ -type f -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies
CPU(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CPU(1)

NAME
cpu - connection to cpu server SYNOPSIS
cpu [ -h server ] [ -c cmd args ... ] DESCRIPTION
Cpu starts an rc(1) running on the server machine, or the machine named in the $cpu environment variable if there is no -h option. Rc's standard input, output, and error files will be /dev/cons in the name space where the cpu command was invoked. Normally, cpu is run in an 81/2(1) window on a terminal, so rc output goes to that window, and input comes from the keyboard when that window is current. Rc's cur- rent directory is the working directory of the cpu command itself. The name space for the new rc is an analogue of the name space where the cpu command was invoked: it is the same except for architecture- dependent bindings such as /bin and the use of fast paths to file servers, if available. If a -c argument is present, the remainder of the command line is executed by rc on the server, and then cpu exits. The name space is built by running /usr/$user/lib/profile with the root of the invoking name space bound to /mnt/term. The service envi- ronment variable is set to cpu; the cputype and objtype environment variables reflect the server's architecture. FILES
The name space of the terminal side of the cpu command is mounted on the CPU side on directory /mnt/term. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cpu.c SEE ALSO
rc(1), 81/2(1) BUGS
Binds and mounts done after the terminal lib/profile is run are not reflected in the new name space. CPU(1)