Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract hostname from file using awk? Post 302766669 by surender reddy on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 06:22:25 AM
Old 02-05-2013
Hi

its working with nawk but output not as desired. extra words are coming in output

Code:
root@blr-svr-oclan-01 # nawk -vFS="#" 'BEGIN{print "HOSTNAME"} {gsub(/.*]/,"");print $1}' x

output

Code:
HOSTNAME
pun-ras-bng-mhs-01#cont
enk-ras-bng-cse-01#cont

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content extract of a file using awk

Hi Everyone, I have a file with the below content: File1.txt ====== ### ###==> the below table was created for testing1 purpose; ### create table 123 ( field1 date, field2 char(10) primary key(field1) ); ### ###==> the below table was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nr_shan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract info from a file using awk

Dear all I have a file call interfaces.txt Filename: interfaces.txt How can I extract the information at below? ABC_DB_001 hostname1 20901 ABC_DB_002 hostname2 20903 ABC_DB_003 hostname3 20905 Currently I am using a very stupid method grep ^ABC interfaces.txt > name.txt grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to extract data from Xml file

Hi, I want to get data from Xml file by using sed or awk command. I want to get the following result : mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 mon titre 1;Createur1;Dossier1 and save it in cvs file (fichier.cvs). FROM this Xml file (test.xml): <playlist version="1"> <trackList> <track>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract a string from a file

Hi, I have a file which has thousand of lines with lines starting with And I want to extract and show to user only the below string from all the lines Please note note that the above string is a time stamp and it would be different on all the lines. Please tell me how to extract... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a paticular string from the text file with awk.

hello forum members I have txt file which consists the following information. Server: abababa.xyz.ap.mxmx.com Address: 111.143.211.202 Name: rmxd.ipc.ap.mxmx.com Address: 144.111.99.9 from the abovefile i have to extract only string "rmxd.ipc.ap.mxmx.com" through awk command.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED/AWK to extract xml at end of file

Hello everyone, Firstly i do not require alot of help.. i am right at the end of finishing my scipt but cannot find a solution to the last part. What i need to do is, prompt the user for a file to work with, which i have done. promt the user for an output file - which is done. #!/bin/bash... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugh86
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML message from a log file using awk

Dear all I have a log file and the content like this file name: temp.log <?xml version="1.0" encoding="cp850"?> <!DOCTYPE aaabbb SYSTEM '/dtdpath'> <aaabbb> <tranDtl> <msgId>000001</msgId> </tranDtl> ..... </aaabbb> ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]awk in csh to extract content from file

Please suggest a method (in c shell or any other shell) to implement following: -To read file1.txt (sample file1 given below) -To save name field in a variable <name> -To save parameter field in a variable <parameter> for ex. let a line in file1.txt be : bill height weight the extracted... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract part of hostname in a script

I need to automate something as part of post processing in a script . Each project is identified by a 3 letter string which is part of hostname and based on hostname I need to copy a particular file to that machine from my distribution . here are hostnames pprdifeap01.corp.host.net (where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract certain digits from file with index substr

I would like to extract a digit from $0 starting 2,30 to 3,99 or 2.30 to 3.99 Can somebody fix this? awk --re-interval '{if($0 ~ /{1}{2}/) {print FILENAME, substr($0,index($0,/{1}{2}/) , 4)}}'input abcdefg sdlfkj 3,29 g. lasdfj alsdfjasl 2.86 gr. slkjds sldkd lskdjfsl sdfkj kdjlksj 3,34 g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)