Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process Instance not running properly. Post 302766651 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 05:54:29 AM
Old 02-05-2013
Based on what you presented there is no way to tell what is going on. I am guessing you are running cycle billing, and that you divided accounts from one cycle or group into sub-cycles.

As a wild guess, did you flatten out the the number of accounts in each sub-cycle, e.g., do they all contain approximately the same number of accounts, e.g. say 500 accounts?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if another instance of the process is running

Hi, I am writing a shell script to invoke a C++ program. Before I start the C++ program (oi7loadbalancer), I am checking if the process is already running. I start the process only if it is not already running. I have the following check in my script. proccount=`ps -f -u $USER_NAME | grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sim
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running properly

I created a script before which was this :- cd /mike/dataxfer for dir in *; do if ; then ssh -l abc nissan "mkdir -p /mike/web/$dir" scp -r ${dir}/priceops nissan:mike/web/${dir}/ fi done exit 0 This script worked fine for me with no problem. It will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the Status of a Process in an Instance

Hi, I am executing the command: "./opmnctl status" to get the status of the processes in the instance. There are totally 5 processes that are avaialble, out of which 3 are "Alive" and 2 are "Down". How can I use the IF loop to get the status and echo it?? For instance I want to run a check... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple instance of same process

;)Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 5.10. I have a java process running in server mode in unix. The problem is that it automatically forks i.e creates a child process. I mean suddenly two instances of that process start running , in which the process-id of first instance is the parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Instance Of Same Process

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 5.10. I have a java process running in server mode in unix. The problem is that it automatically forks i.e creates a child process. I mean suddenly two instances of that process start running , in which the process-id of first instance is the parent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running properly when run from Crontab

Hi I am a novice Linux/Perl user and am struggling to overcome what I am sure is a simple problem. I am using a perl program to create a shell script daily containing between 10 and 30 "at -f" commands for the same day. Then I change the file attributes to allow the file to be executed. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simoncjones
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict running one instance of scp at any time in fsniper

How to restrict running one instance of scp at any time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print available running instance out of total

Hello. I have a status command in AIX box, which provides output as below: $ status You are running the application on pegasus2 ----Program Name------|--Avail / Total---------| MQ | 1/2 | ORACLE | 10/10 | TMADMIN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check a single process instance is always running?

Hi, I want to write one program in C in Unix OS which will check the running status of a process time to time. If the process is stopped somehow by any means, it will ensure that the process is restarted and only one copy of the process image should run in memory at any point of time for the user.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making sure only one instance of a script is running

so i have a script that takes a while to complete and its cpu intensive. this script is being used by several users. i want to make sure only 1 user can run this script at any given time. i originally thought of running a while loop to egrep the process table of the PID ($$) of the process,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies