Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: importvg question
Operating Systems AIX importvg question Post 302766627 by filosophizer on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 05:27:56 AM
Old 02-05-2013
importvg question

Is there a way to find the volume group name after assigning hdisk to the machine for importing it ?
Code:
importvg -y <find_the_name_from_the_unknown_disk_> hdiskX

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Code tags and no hijacking. You should be aware of that Smilie

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-05-2013 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: code tags and separating to own thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question

hi guys.. I'm just wondering, everytime I go to a unix dictionary to get the definition of things such as $ and >& i dont get results back.. could you give me any link that has these simple definitions or could you tell me what $ means? or >&? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamoudiii
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one more question

I completely forgot this I am thinking of getting the book UNIX for dummies as a help to understand this class. Does anyone out there have this book? Is it helpful? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cinnamonbear
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

got a question

on of the question that I have is that in class . We were asked this question **What command would you use to list the last modification time of all files in /tmp whose filenames end in exactly two digits? I know that we need to to ls /tmp/ ??.... but I did not know how to find that last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
2 Replies

5. AIX

nooB questions on importvg and exportvg

I don't understand the concept behind importvg and exportvg. What are some examples of when one would use this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in ls question

Greetings, I have a script that uses this syntax: for i in `ls *.pll` do echo Compiling Lib $i ..... frmcmp.sh userid=$LOGON module_type=LIBRARY module=$i compile_all=yes batch=yes done mv *.pll ../libs mv *.plx ../libs mv *.err ../libs If there are no files that match though I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbhouse
9 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

8. AIX

Exportvg/importvg causes corrupt LV Control Block

Hi experts, Power7 p720 AIX 6.1 This is what happened: $ sudo importvg -y v7000_1vg hdisk6 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)