Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Login problem Post 302766591 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 04:36:51 AM
Old 02-05-2013
I presume the oracle user's default shell is wrong is /etc/passwd?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login problem

. HP-UX HPUX11I B.11.11 U 9000/778 (tb) telnetd: /usr/bin/login: No such file or directory Ok im currently logged into the machine and dont plan on logging out i found this out when i went to open another session on the box and was prompted with the above, i do not have a backup of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Login problem

Hi, I have a sun system. Currently reinstalled the OS. The TP interface is configured as hme0 by default when the OS got installed. I can ping locally. But when I try to login it gives me the belwo error message -- unable to login directly on the console. Please do let me know what could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

login problem

Dear friends, I am using linux redhat nash version 4.2.1.6 os. now i rebooted my system suddenly the following error is coming. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. after that it is asking login : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
0 Replies

4. SCO

Problem when login

When I login on consola as root I have problem. I typed on login: root password:rootpassword then promt login: problem is for other users In sigle user mode I can login as root. Please halp me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draganmi
1 Replies

5. AIX

problem with login

I have installed AIX 5.2 on an H70. It actually reports a memory fault as in SRN 25c68008. However when the system starts up it reports that there is 1536 Mbyte of memory and the O/S starts. I am connecting through the serial port of an old laptop onto the S1 port of the H70. The setting is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
10 Replies

6. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

7. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

8. Linux

Login problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. Please advice for this . Error msg : fatal: Timeout before authentication for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

login problem

Hi After I update my vga driver ubuntu stop to boot. When I restart my computer appear ubuntu first page and after he go to a black screen without any message. How I can restore of find problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nichol
6 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)