Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Login problem Post 302766591 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 04:36:51 AM
Old 02-05-2013
I presume the oracle user's default shell is wrong is /etc/passwd?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login problem

. HP-UX HPUX11I B.11.11 U 9000/778 (tb) telnetd: /usr/bin/login: No such file or directory Ok im currently logged into the machine and dont plan on logging out i found this out when i went to open another session on the box and was prompted with the above, i do not have a backup of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Login problem

Hi, I have a sun system. Currently reinstalled the OS. The TP interface is configured as hme0 by default when the OS got installed. I can ping locally. But when I try to login it gives me the belwo error message -- unable to login directly on the console. Please do let me know what could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

login problem

Dear friends, I am using linux redhat nash version 4.2.1.6 os. now i rebooted my system suddenly the following error is coming. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. INIT: canot execute /etc/X11/prefdm. after that it is asking login : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
0 Replies

4. SCO

Problem when login

When I login on consola as root I have problem. I typed on login: root password:rootpassword then promt login: problem is for other users In sigle user mode I can login as root. Please halp me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draganmi
1 Replies

5. AIX

problem with login

I have installed AIX 5.2 on an H70. It actually reports a memory fault as in SRN 25c68008. However when the system starts up it reports that there is 1536 Mbyte of memory and the O/S starts. I am connecting through the serial port of an old laptop onto the S1 port of the H70. The setting is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
10 Replies

6. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

7. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

8. Linux

Login problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. Please advice for this . Error msg : fatal: Timeout before authentication for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

login problem

Hi After I update my vga driver ubuntu stop to boot. When I restart my computer appear ubuntu first page and after he go to a black screen without any message. How I can restore of find problem? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nichol
6 Replies
chsh(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chsh(1)

NAME
chsh - change default login shell SYNOPSIS
login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] login-name [shell] DESCRIPTION
The command changes the login-shell for a user's login name in the repository (see passwd(1)). The DCE repository is only available if Integrated Login has been configured; see auth.adm(1M). If Integrated Login has been configured, other considerations apply. A user with appropriate DCE privileges is capable of modifying a user's shell; this is not dependent upon superuser privileges. If the repository is not specified (as in [login-name]), the login shell is changed in the file only. Run after running to make sure the information was processed correctly. Notes The command is a hard link to the command. When is executed, actually the command gets executed with appropriate arguments to change the user login shell in the repository specified in command line. If no repository is specified, the login shell is changed in the file. Arguments login-name A login name of a user. shell The absolute path name of a shell. If the file exists, the new login shell must be listed in that file. Otherwise, you can specify one of the standard shells listed in the getusershell(3C) manual entry. If shell is omitted, it defaults to the POSIX shell, Options The following option is recognized: Specify the repository to which the operation is to be applied. Supported repositories include and Security Restrictions You must have appropriate privileges to use the optional login-name argument to change another user's login shell. NETWORKING FEATURES
NFS File can be implemented as a Network Information Service (NIS) database. EXAMPLES
To change the login shell for user to the default: To change the login shell for user to the C shell: To change the login shell for user to the Korn shell in the DCE registry: WARNINGS
If two or more users try to write the file at the same time, a passwd locking mechanism was devised. If this locking fails after subse- quent retrying, terminates. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
chfn(1), csh(1), ksh(1), passwd(1), sh(1), sh-posix(1), getusershell(3C), pam(3), passwd(4), shells(4). chsh(1)