Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory csum / cksum
Operating Systems AIX Directory csum / cksum Post 302766577 by Citroen on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 04:20:19 AM
Old 02-05-2013
Hi,
Code:
man csum

The csum command calculates a message digest for the specified files using the specified hash algorithm.
Code:
man cksum

Displays the checksum and byte count of a file.

Doesn't work on directories.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone know how cksum works?

hello all. I'm not asking about the algorithm - or how it goes about computing the checksum - I'm asking how it views/looks at the files it does the cksum on. For instance: Say you had a directory named "dir_A" And within this directory you had some files. So: dir_A - file1 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cksum question

Hi there, I have a query about cksum. I'm running a script on the Unix box and in a script the cksum result differs from when I run it manually. As far as I can see the file is not being changed, is there any other times that the cksum would be different. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cksum Problem

Hi, I have a working script, well it works on my machine but when I try it on others the cksum section does not work properly (I know the scripting is not of a high quality but I'm just trying to get it working) Heres the script: #!/bin/sh case $# in 0) echo "usage: enshar filename... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dim-Wit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cksum

hi, I am trying to use the cksum feature in unix. when i make a call to it i get returned something along the lines of: 4603435 14 file3 how do i get the first part of this response only; i.e: 4603435 I'm trying to use at a way without the use of sed and creating temp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leeRoberts2007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cksum dependencies

Hi, On what factors does the cksum depend. If i build 2 machines exactly the same, then can i get the checksum of 2 compiled files same. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EEPROM CKSUM? what is this?

Hi all, So I have a binary file and I need to generate an expected EEPROM checksum for it. Ideally, I would like to input the file (with the path) and output a computed checksum. Ive been using (cksum file1) with no avail and I was just curious as to whether there is such thing as EEPROM cksum,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cksum for all files in home directory

I know i can run cksum <filename> . However, how i can run cksum on all the files and directories in the $HOME ?? (SUNOS) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to find cksum of all files inside a directory?

I did this: ls -lrRt | grep ^* | cksum * but it is showing cksum of sub-directories. Thanks You Please use code tags when posting data and code samples, thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Cksum read error for directory - Solaris 10

Hi, I am getting read error when i run cksum </dir> but this command runs successfully for the files and in different server it runs for both files and directories. I am using in both the servers solaris 10 with patch 148888-03. Please suggest... # cksum ravi(directory) 3454912345 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)