Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interactive with UNIX data
Operating Systems AIX Interactive with UNIX data Post 302766499 by jesu on Monday 4th of February 2013 11:12:44 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Interactive with UNIX data

I have some logs in Unix server and needs to access,manipulate them and provide the datas in the user interacted page. Please let me know few open source softwares which could help me for this scenario....ThanksSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide user inputted text for interactive unix shell script?

Hi everybody, Do you know how to hide the text for interactive unix shell script? Just like the case for inputting password during logon. Patrick (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrickpang
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validating XSL sheet data in Unix Data file

Dear All, Need your help. In my day to day activities I have to validate/search Excel Sheet data (eg.say Application No. 0066782345) data into the Unix environment file whether the same data is present in that file or not. There are hundreds of records coming in excel file and I am doing grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijunghare
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive UNIX shell query

Hi guys, I've create 3 shells concerning my work, which named as 1.sh, 2.sh and 3.sh. However, how can I make an interactive query for these shells just like the old (fdisk) in windows9x. I want to make an interface tells the user just like this: Press 1 to execute "1.sh" Press 2 to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
5 Replies

7. Programming

Non-interactive login using C program in UNIX(Solaris)

Hi i need a c programm to login in unix(solaris). non-interactivley because it seems difficult to do it with unix shell scripting and passwd command cant be used and also i don't have expect installed and i am not allowed to installed expect in our servers. is there any c programm that can help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munish259272
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script through ssh AIX UNIX

I wish to launch a script with ssh command. This script launches a menu. The menu displays well but I can't interact with it. Can you help me :confused: ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gpg to encrypt data in batch/non-interactive mode?

Hello, I have to encrypt data using a script in batch mode without being prompted. I can successfully encrypt data but it prompts me to enter (y/N) as shown below. I tried batch flags without no success. I need to automate this without any prompts. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks, C. $... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
2 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)