Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Determining how long device has been in defined state Post 302766467 by dukessd on Monday 4th of February 2013 07:01:49 PM
Old 02-04-2013
You could use alog to check the boot log file but on most systems I see they wrap at a couple of boots, or less, so it may be lost.

Just like the errlog file these are way too small by default.

The errlog is by default 1MB of disk space on a system with 4, 16, 64 GB ram, this is silly, turn it up people if you want to have any idea of what happened!

I've seen systems fill the errlog in less than a minute!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hitting with custom port in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time in solaris 10

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
0 Replies

2. AIX

Device Available / Define state

Hi, I would like to know wheather it is possible to make device in availabe state? if for same reason os is not able to make it in available state. and it is in define state. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
DEVICE_GET_STATE(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual				       DEVICE_GET_STATE(9)

NAME
device_get_state, device_busy, device_unbusy, device_is_alive, device_is_attached -- manipulate device state SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/bus.h> device_state_t device_get_state(device_t dev); void device_busy(device_t dev); void device_unbusy(device_t dev); int device_is_alive(device_t dev); int device_is_attached(device_t dev); DESCRIPTION
The current state of a device is accessed by calling device_get_state() which returns DS_NOTPRESENT, DS_ALIVE, DS_ATTACHED or DS_BUSY (described in device(9)). To test see if a device was successfully probed, call device_is_alive() which simply returns if the state is greater or equal to DS_ALIVE. To test see if a device was successfully attached, call device_is_attached() which simply returns if the state is greater or equal to DS_ATTACHED. Each device has a busy count which is incremented when device_busy() is called and decremented when device_unbusy() is called. Both routines return an error if the device state is less than DS_ATTACHED. When device_busy() is called on a device in the DS_ATTACHED state, the device changes to the DS_BUSY state. When device_unbusy() is called and after decrementing, the busy count for the device is zero, the device changes to the DS_ATTACHED state. SEE ALSO
device(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD
June 16, 1998 BSD