Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass nawk variable to shell within the same script? Post 302766173 by Optimus81 on Monday 4th of February 2013 10:08:20 AM
Old 02-04-2013
Thanks it works fine now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Pass variable to shell Script

Hi , i am beginner to Unix, I have one small script which execute java programme,it has java command input output structure . Right now i have given Input output structure manually that is on same directory, now how can i pass that by commandline #!/bin/sh java Classjava input.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

is it possible to pass external variable values to nawk?

Dear friends, please tell me how to pass the external variable values to the nawk command. length=`expr $len2 - $len1` i need to pass $length to following nawk command as mentioned below. nawk '{if((x=index($0,"W/X"))>0){id=substr($0,x, $length);print x;print id;}}' filename1 but I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass Shell script variable to awk

Hi, I have a shell script with an ambedded awk script. i need to pass a script variable to the awk script. Please help. Thanks in advance Himani (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HIMANI
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to pass variable from awk to shell script

Hello experts, can I return a value from gawk to a shell script ? My script as follows, #Here I want the num value to shell script so that I can use later gawk ' { split($0,num,","); print num }' gawk -v no=$number '{print no}' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass variable from awk to shell script

Hello Experts, Actually I was searching for a solution here in this forum , but didn't get what exactly I want . Is this possible to do in awk ? I am trying to do some thing like below in ksh script . Upto my knowledge I can pass shell script to awk with "-v " option. But I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter to nawk from shell script

I need to parse log files using nawk, but I'm not able to pass script input argument (date) to nawk, for example: ------------ #!/bin/ksh read date nawk -F, '{if($1==date) print $4" "$5}' ------------- Is there a way to pass an argument to nawk from shell script. Many thanks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass shell arguments into Nawk/awk

Hi, I am in critical need of help, Thanks a ton for your help. I need to know how to pass the shell argument into nawk code in AIX. so that my file gets passed into that awk script and it can execute it part. To be detail, i have more than 100 files and in those files a particular field... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variable from awk script to shell?

Hi, Please need to print the Rej variable outsite the awk script which is given below...please advised how to achieve it. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter DMU Pipe delimited File name for the Feed to be validated" read DMU_File echo "Enter Pre-DMU File name for the Feed" read Predum_file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pelethangjam
3 Replies
HTTP::Exception(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      HTTP::Exception(3pm)

NAME
HTTP::Exception - throw HTTP-Errors as (Exception::Class-) Exceptions VERSION
0.04001 SYNOPSIS
HTTP::Exception lets you throw HTTP-Errors as Exceptions. use HTTP::Exception; # throw a 404 Exception HTTP::Exception->throw(404); # later in your framework eval { ... }; if (my $e = HTTP::Exception->caught) { # do some errorhandling stuff print $e->code; # 404 print $e->status_message; # Not Found } You can also throw HTTP::Exception-subclasses like this. # same 404 Exception eval { HTTP::Exception::404->throw(); }; eval { HTTP::Exception::NOT_FOUND->throw(); }; And catch them accordingly. # same 404 Exception eval { HTTP::Exception::404->throw(); }; if (my $e = HTTP::Exception::405->caught) { do stuff } # won't catch if (my $e = HTTP::Exception::404->caught) { do stuff } # will catch if (my $e = HTTP::Exception::NOT_FOUND->caught) { do stuff } # will catch if (my $e = HTTP::Exception::4XX->caught) { do stuff } # will catch all 4XX Exceptions if (my $e = HTTP::Exception->caught) { do stuff } # will catch every HTTP::Exception if (my $e = Exception::Class->caught) { do stuff } # catch'em all You can create Exceptions and not throw them, because maybe you want to set some fields manually. See "FIELDS" in HTTP::Exception and "ACCESSORS" in HTTP::Exception for more info. # is not thrown, ie doesn't die, only created my $e = HTTP::Exception->new(404); # usual stuff works $e->code; # 404 $e->status_message # Not Found # set status_message to something else $e->status_message('Nothing Here') # fails, because code is only an accessor, see section ACCESSORS below # $e->code(403); # and finally throw our prepared exception $e->throw; DESCRIPTION
Every HTTP::Exception is a Exception::Class - Class. So the same mechanisms apply as with Exception::Class-classes. In fact have a look at Exception::Class' docs for more general information on exceptions and Exception::Class::Base for information on what methods a caught exception also has. HTTP::Exception is only a factory for HTTP::Exception::XXX (where X is a number) subclasses. That means that HTTP::Exception->new(404) returns a HTTP::Exception::404 object, which in turn is a HTTP::Exception::Base - Object. Don't bother checking a caught HTTP::Exception::...-class with "isa" as it might not contain what you would expect. Use the code- or status_message-attributes and the is_ -methods instead. The subclasses are created at compile-time, ie the first time you make "use HTTP::Exception". See paragraph below for the naming scheme of those subclasses. Subclassing the subclasses works as expected. NAMING SCHEME
HTTP::Exception::XXX X is a Number and XXX is a valid HTTP-Statuscode. All HTTP-Statuscodes are supported. See chapter "COMPLETENESS" in HTTP::Exception HTTP::Exception::STATUS_MESSAGE STATUS_MESSAGE is the same name as a HTTP::Status Constant WITHOUT the HTTP_ at the beginning. So see "CONSTANTS" in HTTP::Status for more details. IMPORTING SPECIFIC ERROR RANGES
It is possible to load only specific ranges of errors. For example use HTTP::Exception qw(5XX); HTTP::Exception::500->throw; # works HTTP::Exception::400->throw; # won't work anymore will only create HTTP::Exception::500 till HTTP::Exception::510. In theory this should save some memory, but I don't have any numbers, that back up this claim. You can load multiple ranges use HTTP::Exception qw(3XX 4XX 5XX); And there are aliases for ranges use HTTP::Exception qw(CLIENT_ERROR) The following aliases exist and load the specified ranges: REDIRECTION => 3XX CLIENT_ERROR => 4XX SERVER_ERROR => 5XX ERROR => 4XX 5XX ALL => 1XX 2XX 3XX 4XX 5XX And of course, you can load multiple aliased ranges use HTTP::Exception qw(REDIRECTION ERROR) ALL is the same as not specifying any specific range. # the same use HTTP::Exception qw(ALL); use HTTP::Exception; ACCESSORS (READONLY) code A valid HTTP-Statuscode. See HTTP::Status for information on what codes exist. is_info Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is an Informational status code(1xx). This class of status code indicates a provisional response which can't have any content. is_success Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is a Successful status code(2xx). is_redirect Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is a Redirection status code(3xx). This class if status code indicates that further action needs to be taken by the user agent in order to fulfill the request. is_error Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is an Error status code (4xx or 5xx). The function return TRUE for both client error or a server error status codes. is_client_error Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is an Client Error status code(4xx). This class of status code is intended for cases in which the client seems to have erred. is_server_error Return TRUE if "$self-"code> is an Server Error status code(5xx). This class of status codes is intended for cases in which the server is aware that it has erred or is incapable of performing the request. POD for is_ methods is Copy/Pasted from HTTP::Status, so check back there and alert me of changes. FIELDS
Fields are the same as ACCESSORS except they can be set. Either you set them during Exception creation (->new) or Exception throwing (->throw). HTTP::Exception->new(200, status_message => "Everything's fine"); HTTP::Exception::200->new(status_message => "Everything's fine"); HTTP::Exception::OK->new(status_message => "Everything's fine"); HTTP::Exception->throw(200, status_message => "Everything's fine"); HTTP::Exception::200->throw(status_message => "Everything's fine"); HTTP::Exception::OK->throw(status_message => "Everything's fine"); Catch them in your Webframework like this eval { ... } if (my $e = HTTP::Exception->caught) { print $e->code; # 200 print $e->status_message # "Everything's fine" instead of the usual ok } status_message DEFAULT The HTTP-Statusmessage as provided by HTTP::Status A Message, that represents the Execptions' Status for Humans. PLACK
HTTP::Exception can be used with Plack::Middleware::HTTPExceptions. But HTTP::Exception does not depend on Plack, you can use it anywhere else. It just plays nicely with Plack. COMPLETENESS
For the sake of completeness, HTTP::Exception provides exceptions for non-error-http-statuscodes. This means you can do HTTP::Exception->throw(200); which throws an Exception of type OK. Maybe useless, but complete. A more realworld-example would be a redirection # all are exactly the same HTTP::Exception->throw(301, location => 'google.com'); HTTP::Exception::301->throw(location => 'google.com'); HTTP::Exception::MOVED_PERMANENTLY->throw(location => 'google.com'); CAVEATS
The HTTP::Exception-Subclass-Creation relies on HTTP::Status. It's possible that the Subclasses change, when HTTP::Status' constants are changed. New Subclasses are created automatically, when constants are added to HTTP::Status. That means in turn, that Subclasses disappear, when constants are removed from HTTP::Status. Some constants were added to HTTP::Status' in February 2012. As a result HTTP::Exception broke. But that was the result of uncareful coding on my side. I think, that breaking changes are now quite unlikely. AUTHOR
Thomas Mueller, "<tmueller at cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
Exception::Class, Exception::Class::Base Consult Exception::Class' documentation for the Exception-Mechanism and Exception::Class::Base' docs for a list of methods our caught Exception is also capable of. HTTP::Status Constants, Statuscodes and Statusmessages Plack, especially Plack::Middleware::HTTPExceptions Have a look at Plack, because it rules in general. In the first place, this Module was written as the companion for Plack::Middleware::HTTPExceptions, but since it doesn't depend on Plack, you can use it anywhere else, too. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-http-exception at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=HTTP-Exception <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=HTTP-Exception>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc HTTP::Exception You can also look for information at: o RT: CPAN's request tracker http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=HTTP-Exception <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=HTTP-Exception> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation http://annocpan.org/dist/HTTP-Exception <http://annocpan.org/dist/HTTP-Exception> o CPAN Ratings http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/HTTP-Exception <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/HTTP-Exception> o Search CPAN https://metacpan.org/release/HTTP-Exception <https://metacpan.org/release/HTTP-Exception> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Thomas Mueller. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 HTTP::Exception(3pm)