Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot su to a user in AIX
Operating Systems AIX Cannot su to a user in AIX Post 302766099 by Citroen on Monday 4th of February 2013 07:53:52 AM
Old 02-04-2013
Hi,
You have a .cshrc file: what's the content?
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

User ID (UID) in AIX

what is the upper limit for UID is AIX 5.3 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX.4 New User Help

I am sure someone will yell at me over this post, but honestly I have searched. It doesn't help that I am not sure what to search on. Little background. Working at new company, Company has a program on a Unix box AIX.4. I know virtually nothing about Unix and Neither does anyone else here ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swoozie
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Virtualization question for non-AIX user

Hello, My first post to the Unix forums, thanks for having me! The division of the company I work for uses a xseries/redhat/VMWareServer solution to make sure that we keep hardware overhead low and use our machines to as near capacity as we can. These boxes are Intel with usually dual or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenteabagger
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User stuck in AIX

Hello guys, new here so please take it easy on me :-). Here is my issue. We use an application called Medical Manager and it runs on AIX. There is a user that is showing stuck with in the application. However when I try to run any of "ps" commands I don't see it. I need to kill this user and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mali77
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Switching user in AIX 5

I need to do a switch user in an automated mode and do a ftp using that switched id. Scenario: initial login xx. switch to user-yy without manually entering the password. ftp some files from user yy to another user zz - automated mode. Can any unix experts can help me for my above query? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
1 Replies

6. AIX

user cannot login into AIX-6.1 server

Dear Friends , I got a problem In our AIX 6.1 server . When I start or restart the machine I cannot Login the server . It shows a dialog box and shows some comments , those are : >> The DT messaging system could not be started . To correct the problem : 1. Choose to return the login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

7. AIX

cant su to user or root AIX 5.3

Hi all, I cannt use 'su' to login to root or any other users though everything seems ok. I read some articles that says if you do recursive chmod 777 on /usr it can create this problem. I did the same. can anybody tell me how to repair it. Any ideas will be appreciated. thnks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itesh.dash
7 Replies

8. AIX

Limit a user on AIX

Hello, Sorry for my poor English. I have to reduce rights for a user on AIX system so that: When he does , he find in output, only filesystems on which he has permissions .He can't do to change user. Very thanks for helping. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edosseh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

10. AIX

User restriction on C/C++ compiler on AIX

Hello, I am curious that is there a way I can restrict a user or a set of users to execute the C/C++ compiler, basically what I want is to lock it down to a particular user and none of the other users should be able to compile any code. Thanks in advance. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
14 Replies
ZMQ_MSG_MOVE(3) 						    0MQ Manual							   ZMQ_MSG_MOVE(3)

NAME
zmq_msg_move - move content of a message to another message SYNOPSIS
int zmq_msg_move (zmq_msg_t *dest, zmq_msg_t *src); DESCRIPTION
The zmq_msg_move() function shall move the content of the message object referenced by src to the message object referenced by dest. No actual copying of message content is performed, dest is simply updated to reference the new content. src becomes an empty message after calling zmq_msg_move(). The original content of dest, if any, shall be released. Caution Never access zmq_msg_t members directly, instead always use the zmq_msg family of functions. RETURN VALUE
The zmq_msg_move() function shall return zero if successful. Otherwise it shall return -1 and set errno to one of the values defined below. ERRORS
EFAULT Invalid message. SEE ALSO
zmq_msg_copy(3) zmq_msg_init(3) zmq_msg_init_size(3) zmq_msg_init_data(3) zmq_msg_close(3) zmq(7) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the 0MQ community. 0MQ 2.2.0 04/04/2012 ZMQ_MSG_MOVE(3)