Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux Post 302765981 by ambious on Monday 4th of February 2013 03:05:48 AM
Old 02-04-2013
Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux

Background:

I want to upload the file from windows to RHEL5 server, the file stores Spanish words with UTF-8 encoding. it's used as the data source for loading to database.

some special characters in files like following.
í
ó
Ñ
á

Linux setting:
$ echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

I use WinSCP with UTF-8 ON to upload the file to linux server.
I also tried use ssh client to upload.

when I use VI to browse the file, the special characters display unrecognized.

How I can resolve this problem?
Is it a transfer setting problem or system setting problem?

thanks !

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard/Spanish

I am looking for information to find out the easiest way to have my keyboard be able to do Spanish punctuation marks when typing in word processing in Open Office....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scuup
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HI Newbi in Unix (spanish)

Mi idea es crear un pequeña shell...lo que pasa es que cuando ejecuto el siguiente programa va todo bien hasta que me salta el error perror("Error al ejecutar la función execvp\n"); Entonces la aplicación me entra en un bucle(repitiendo todo el rato el error anterio), como puedo hacer para que eso no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isnhatar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: windows filenames escape characters

I have a perl find program that will find all files of window application stored on unix disks. Ofcourse these files contain all the weird characters windows allows, but on *nix pukes out all kinds of unwanted effects when processing these. Is their a utility that will escape all these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karelb
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Spanish Characters get converted in strange chrac

I am trying to sftp a textfile from windows to linux. The file includes some spanish characters. When I vi the file in LINUX, the special (spanish) characters get converted into some strange characters. anyone know how i can resolve this? for example México gets converted into México on LINUX. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters!

I have a file that has the name in one of the lines as MARíA MENDOZA in Windows. When this gets FTPed over to UNIX it appears as MAR�A MENDOZA. Is there anyway to overcome this? Its causing a issue because the file is Postional and fields are getting pushed by 2 digits.. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spanish Shell script

Question,Anyone I found a script on github that I like it executes find but every word on the screen is in spainish ...other than learning Spanish...is there language translating software that will work on bash shell script to change it to English..?? large file has 4500 lines of code 254kb:wall:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmark109
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						 CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_UPLOAD - enable data upload SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, long upload); DESCRIPTION
The long parameter upload set to 1 tells the library to prepare for and perform an upload. The CURLOPT_READDATA(3) and CURLOPT_INFILE- SIZE(3) or CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3) options are also interesting for uploads. If the protocol is HTTP, uploading means using the PUT request unless you tell libcurl otherwise. Using PUT with HTTP 1.1 implies the use of a "Expect: 100-continue" header. You can disable this header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3) as usual. If you use PUT to a HTTP 1.1 server, you can upload data without knowing the size before starting the transfer if you use chunked encoding. You enable this by adding a header like "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). With HTTP 1.0 or without chunked transfer, you must specify the size. DEFAULT
0, default is download PROTOCOLS
Most EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { /* we want to use our own read function */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_READFUNCTION, read_callback); /* enable uploading */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1L); /* specify target */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://example.com/dir/to/newfile"); /* now specify which pointer to pass to our callback */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_READDATA, hd_src); /* Set the size of the file to upload */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE, (curl_off_t)fsize); /* Now run off and do what you've been told! */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PUT(3), CURLOPT_READFUNCTION(3), CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_UPLOAD(3)