Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkgchk error Solaris 10
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Pkgchk error Solaris 10 Post 302765837 by DustinT on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 03:01:43 PM
Old 02-03-2013
What file system are you running? It might be UFS, ZFS, etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

difference between pkginfo and pkgchk command

can anyone explain me the difference between pkginfo and pkgchk command in solaris. Both are used to display the package details, then what is the difference between both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris disk error

I received a new error that I have not seen before on my Solaris 10 server last night: From /var/adm/messages Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j scsi: /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0 (mpt0): Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j Log info 31010000c received for target 1. Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
4 Replies

3. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Java error in Solaris 9

Hi folks, I had a sparc machine with Solaris9 and built in java1.4.2 I installed Java1.5 on top of it by running the file jre-1_5_0_22-solaris-sparcv9.sh Now when I run the java application, I get the following error: Error occurred during initialization of VM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Solaris I/O Error

When i trying to open any exising floder iam unable to open it.It is showing the following error . Can anyone help me out of this (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
5 Replies

6. Solaris

service error on solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following error on my sparc box running solaris 10 - maintenance Feb_12 svc:/network/cswvncserver:default In log file, following logs are found - Following logs are found - /sbin/sh: /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswvncserver: cannot execute vncserver: couldn't find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Pkgchk info please

Hi Guys, I ran : pkgchk without any options then ran pkgchk -v SUNWluu I get this message: NOTE: Waiting for exclusive access to the package database. What does this mean? And how can I fix it? Thanks a lot for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris error

Hi, I am using solris 8 and i am unable to start my tomcat. I am getting the below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libscf.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Please let me know. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SUDO error in Solaris: auth.error] fork

I cannot solve the following error bellow. Can someone help me on this please? Mar 31 07:08:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:18:50 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:28:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:38:47 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:48:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:58:45 serverx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pangarano
1 Replies
ZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						ZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
zfsboot -- bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
zfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. zfsboot is installed in two parts on a disk or a partition used by a ZFS pool. The first part, a single-sector starter boot block, is installed at the beginning of the disk or partition. The second part, a main boot block, is installed at a special offset within the disk or partition. Both areas are reserved by the ZFS on-disk specifi- cation for boot use. If zfsboot is installed in a partition, then that partition should be made bootable using appropriate configuration and boot blocks described in boot(8). BOOTING
The zfsboot boot process is very similar to that of gptzfsboot(8). One significant difference is that zfsboot does not currently support the GPT partitioning scheme. Thus only whole disks and MBR partitions, traditionally referred to as slices, are probed for ZFS disk labels. See the BUGS section in gptzfsboot(8) for some limitations of the MBR scheme support. USAGE
zfsboot supports all the same prompt and configuration file arguments as gptzfsboot(8). FILES
/boot/zfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
zfsboot is typically installed using dd(1). To install zfsboot on the ada0 drive: dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 iseek=1 oseek=1024 If the drive is currently in use, the GEOM safety will prevent writes and must be disabled before running the above commands: sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10 zfsboot can also be installed in an MBR slice: gpart create -s mbr ada0 gpart add -t freebsd ada0 gpart create -s BSD ada0s1 gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 gpart set -a active -i 1 ada0 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 iseek=1 oseek=1024 Note that commands to create and populate a pool are not shown in the example above. SEE ALSO
dd(1), boot.config(5), boot(8), gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
zfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Installing zfsboot with dd(1) is a hack. ZFS needs a command to properly install zfsboot onto a ZFS-controlled disk or partition. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD