Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Script to Ash (busybox) - Beginner Post 302765793 by sgtbobie on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 12:42:28 PM
Old 02-03-2013
Thanks, for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot and will report back on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why generate "ash and bash" different output for same bash script?

Hi, For my bash script, terminal with bash is generate an OK output and program works right. already, terminal with ash have "line 48: syntax error: Bad substitution" output and program don't work. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s. murat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences in BASH and ASH shells regarding if command?

Guys I now have a script that's working in a BASH environment, however one line doesn't appear to be working on an embedded device that has a busybox therefore ASH shell. I've googled but there's very little I can find regarding the ASH shell. In BASH the following line works... if ] ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Beginner at scripting

Hi, I'm a beginner at shell scripting, just started scripting in bash a few days ago. I want to test if the command ls *.jpg returns exit code 2, and if yes I want to execute a new command ls *.jpeg, doing a test on it... and pretty much repeat the procedure. Is this correct? #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Utherr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ash busybox read command not working inside function....

I have a script that has to execute a read command in a function, this is in an ash busybox. The code is... trapcatch () { echo "Ctl-c Detected, what do you want to do?" echo "Please choose the number of one of the following options" echo "1. Jump past this Set" echo "2. Exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tesser
8 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Bash to Ash, errors and adjustments

I wrote Bash script and now I want to convert it to Ash. One headache is this function: do_adduser() { setaddprompt _arr_add=("Add manually" "Add via TXT" "return to main menu" "exit program") select add_action in "${_arr_add}" do case "$REPLY" in 1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzivkovi
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Bash to ash port, character-matching problem

I'm trying to convert this working bash script into an Ash script, read -p "Username:" _username if ! ]]; then echo "Valid" else echo "INVALID" fi However, Ash does not recognize the "=~" character. How can I do this? Also, is there a good reference guide, so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzivkovi
5 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Convert a bash to ash

hello everybody, i'm a beginner in ash and i want to convert this bash script to ash. this script send a xml file to a nagios server : #!/bin/bash PROGNAME=$(basename $0) RELEASE="Revision 0.3" print_release() { echo "$RELEASE" } print_usage() { echo "" echo "$PROGNAME... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdijoux25
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner here, how to call a bash-script from python properly?

Hi everyone, i have the following script.sh: foo='lsusb | grep Webcam | cut -c16-18' sudo /home/user/public/usbreset /dev/bus/usb/001/$foo when i try to call this script from python using subprocess.call("script.sh", shell=True) it seems that only 'sudo /home/user/public/usbreset' is being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilfemir
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner bash - basic shell script 'while' help...

Hi everyone, first time visitor to these forums here. Keeping a long story short I've been attempting to learn how to code in bash. I have VERY little previous experience with coding languages besides simply copying and pasting batch scripts for Windows. So, with that in mind I've followed a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meta
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash beginner

Hello so I've stored some csv data to be read into variables like this Name,Team,Shop,Shoe etc,etc,etc,etc Code: sep="," { while IFS=$sep read Name Team Shop Shoe do count=1 dirname=$Name while do ((count++)) dirname="${Name}$count" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklord173
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)