Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create Alert for Database Problem Post 302765673 by zaxxon on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 04:55:59 AM
Old 02-03-2013
Additionally this has nothing to do with AIX - moving thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to create a virtual database..

:cool: I like Vibhory2 like the idea of tapping into the kernel.. although not as indepth as he/she... i want to create a virtual databse of a few ma chines with connectivity and defiinte knowledge to create it.. I havebeen working on the project for a year now.. ! before unix (1 year exactly) i... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create database on unix

how can i create database on unix from command line (without using DBCA) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create mysql database with bash script - confused

Hi, i have the following: db="create database xxx;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON xxx.* TO user@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';FLUSH PRIVILEGES;quit;" mysql -u root -p$mysql_pass -e "$db" I don't understand why this is failing, it works fine when run from cmd but when is run in a bash script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktm
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

5. Programming

Create a database in C

Hey, I have this basic server thing going on and I can't seem to allocate memory correctly and I can't access the memory after I allocated it. I was hoping people might suggest methods of doing this. I was thinking of using the socket file descriptor to reference the users. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create database using Backup file

Hi, I have backup file of database in my server. I want to create a that database in the same Mysql Server. How can I do that? Please send the steps to create the database using backup file? Thanks a lot, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. Programming

Creating a bash script that create/open database

Hi. I have two text files(tables) which include some information and I want to make some query codes using them. First of all, I want to create bash script that read this two tables, create/open database and insert data from files into database. #!/bin/bash while read line; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlaxodus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

9. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing file to create a database

Hi Guys, I have a list a hotels stored in many different text files. This list is kept in the following format: 20/03 Hotel: The Bear Hotel Honey Street Woodstock UK Tel:+44-xxxxxx Rate: 100 21/03 Hotel: The Bush Hotel Nice Street Farnham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies
TEXTDUMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       TEXTDUMP(4)

NAME
textdump -- textdump kernel dumping facility SYNOPSIS
options KDB options DDB DESCRIPTION
The textdump facility allows the capture of kernel debugging information to disk in a human-readable rather than the machine-readable form normally used with kernel memory dumps and minidumps. This representation, while less complete in that it does not capture full kernel state, can provide debugging information in a more compact, portable, and persistent form than a traditional dump. By combining textdump with other ddb(4) facilities, such as scripting and output capture, detailed bug information can be captured in a fully automated manner. FORMAT
textdump data is stored in a dump partition in the same style as a regular memory dump, and will be automatically extracted by savecore(8) if present on boot. textdump files are stored in the tar(5) format, and consist of one or more text files, each storing a particular type of debugging output. The following parts may be present: ddb.txt Captured ddb(4) output, if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_ddb sysctl. config.txt Kernel configuration, if has been compiled into the kernel. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_config sysctl. msgbuf.txt Kernel message buffer, including recent console output if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_msgbuf sysctl. panic.txt Kernel panic string, if the kernel panicked before the dump was generated. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_panic sysctl. version.txt Kernel version string. My be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_version sysctl. Kernel textdumps may be extracted using tar(1). CONFIGURATION
The textdump facility is enabled as part of the kernel debugger using options KDB and options DDB. By default, kernel dumps generated on panic or via explicit requests for a dump will be regular memory dumps; however, by using the textdump set command in ddb(4), or by setting the debug.ddb.textdump.pending sysctl to 1 using sysctl(8), it is possible to request that the next dump be a textdump. If at the ddb(4) command line, the commands textdump set, textdump status, and textdump unset may be used to set, query, and clear the textdump pending flag. As with regular kernel dumps, a dump partition must be automatically or manually configured using dumpon(8). EXAMPLES
In the following example, the script kdb.enter.panic will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a panic, enable output cap- ture, dump several useful pieces of debugging information, and then invoke panic in order to force a kernel dump to be written out followed by a reboot: script kdb.enter.panic=textdump set; capture on; show allpcpu; bt; ps; alltrace; show alllock; call doadump; reset In the following example, the script kdb.enter.witness will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a witness violation, printing lock-related information for the user: script kdb.enter.witness=show locks These scripts may also be configured using the ddb(8) utility. SEE ALSO
tar(1), ddb(4), tar(5), ddb(8), dumpon(8), savecore(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The textdump facility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
The textdump facility was created by Robert N. M. Watson. BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD