Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pkgchk error Solaris 10
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Pkgchk error Solaris 10 Post 302765557 by DustinT on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 05:24:03 PM
Old 02-02-2013
No, that's not normal. What filesystem are you using on this computer? Also, is it running SPARC or x86, your post seems to indicate both??
This User Gave Thanks to DustinT For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

difference between pkginfo and pkgchk command

can anyone explain me the difference between pkginfo and pkgchk command in solaris. Both are used to display the package details, then what is the difference between both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris disk error

I received a new error that I have not seen before on my Solaris 10 server last night: From /var/adm/messages Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j scsi: /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0 (mpt0): Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j Log info 31010000c received for target 1. Jan 8 04:59:26 nediaccomp005j ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
4 Replies

3. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Java error in Solaris 9

Hi folks, I had a sparc machine with Solaris9 and built in java1.4.2 I installed Java1.5 on top of it by running the file jre-1_5_0_22-solaris-sparcv9.sh Now when I run the java application, I get the following error: Error occurred during initialization of VM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Solaris I/O Error

When i trying to open any exising floder iam unable to open it.It is showing the following error . Can anyone help me out of this (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
5 Replies

6. Solaris

service error on solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following error on my sparc box running solaris 10 - maintenance Feb_12 svc:/network/cswvncserver:default In log file, following logs are found - Following logs are found - /sbin/sh: /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswvncserver: cannot execute vncserver: couldn't find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Pkgchk info please

Hi Guys, I ran : pkgchk without any options then ran pkgchk -v SUNWluu I get this message: NOTE: Waiting for exclusive access to the package database. What does this mean? And how can I fix it? Thanks a lot for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris error

Hi, I am using solris 8 and i am unable to start my tomcat. I am getting the below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libscf.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Please let me know. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SUDO error in Solaris: auth.error] fork

I cannot solve the following error bellow. Can someone help me on this please? Mar 31 07:08:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:18:50 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:28:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:38:47 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:48:45 serverx sudo: fork Mar 31 07:58:45 serverx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pangarano
1 Replies
nca.if(4)							   File Formats 							 nca.if(4)

NAME
nca.if - the NCA configuration file that specifies physical interfaces SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/nca.if DESCRIPTION
Specify the physical interfaces for which the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") feature will be configured in the nca.if con- figuration file. List the physical interfaces in the file, one per line. To configure NCA to listen on all physical interfaces present on the system backed by a hostname.{interface_name}, then list only an asterik ("*") in nca.if. When the ncakmod(1) initialization script is invoked during system boot, it will attempt to configure each physical interface specified in the nca.if file by using ncaconfd(1M). Note that there must be an accompanying hostname.{interface_name} file and an entry in /etc/hosts for the contents of hostname.{interface_name}. You must reboot in order to implement changes to the nca.if file. EXAMPLES
x86 Example 1 nca.if on x86 The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on an x86 system: iprb1 iprb6 iprb8 SPARC Example 2 nca.if on SPARC The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on a SPARC system: hme2 hme3 hme4 All Platforms Example 3 Configuring NCA to Listen on All Physical Interfaces The following example shows the contents of an nca.if file that would be used to configure either platform to listen on all physical inter- faces present on the system: * FILES
/etc/nca/nca.if Lists the physical interfaces on which NCA will run. /etc/hostname.{}{0-9} Lists all physical interfaces configured on the server. /etc/hosts Lists all host names associated with the server. Entries in this file must match with entries in /etc/host- name.{}{0-9} for NCA to function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), ifconfig(1M), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2003 nca.if(4)