Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a? Post 302765489 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 01:34:24 PM
Old 02-02-2013
I have to look deep in memory.

The default address is 192.168.2.147 if I recall correctly - on eth0 (HMC0)
The second interface might still be "unused" at default DHCP - 192.168.3.147

Note: their default is to use DHCP, so if you have a DHCP server you could attach both ports and watch what address the DHCP server assigns.
USB PC to serial? What speeds did you try? I think it needs to be 19200, 8bits,, no parity, 1 stop bit.

For the IP address with Power7 (and maybe Power6) follow: IBM

Although this link also gives the 169.254.2.147 as default address for Power5 and Power6.

Found some old embedded texts: the POWER5 defaults MAY be 192.168.2.147 or 192.168.3.147

And they may be still using DHCP to connect. In that case, get your HMC (virtual) setup to be a DHCP server and provide a direct line between HMC and Power system.. The HMC should "discover" - by assigning it - the IP address of the POWER system.

Good luck with the password for account admin.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

4. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

7. AIX

P550 9133 IPL Issues

First IPL of used P550 in Home Lab displayed this on Control Panel: Line-1(01 M F), Line-2(HMC=0 T). Issue #1: Changed "01" to "02" and "M" to "N" on line-1, but IPL failed; no change on display panel. Set "M" back to "N" and exit function "2", but function "3" for IPL restart would not display. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luw3486
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to install python on the AIX 5.2?

Hi folks, Could tell me how to install python on the AIX 5.2 ? What better method for install: rpm or compiling? Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stenioc1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)