Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a? Post 302765455 by pico on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 11:46:39 AM
Old 02-02-2013
IBM HMC

first of all thank you MichaelFelt

i tried to many times to connect to ASMI using serial port to USB but no luck i get only a black screen on putty

i tried ASMI from HMC i managed to login on ip 192.168.2.1X i changed the NIC ip and tryd to ssh i couldn't logint, so i tried to go back to ASMI using the old ip i couldn't

so i gave up on that and installed HMC on vmware, HMC working fine, but i cant add the server to HMC because i don't know it ip address or host name.

i know there is a button to rest the HMC ip address on the server but i looked for it couldn't find it.

any advice?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

4. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

7. AIX

P550 9133 IPL Issues

First IPL of used P550 in Home Lab displayed this on Control Panel: Line-1(01 M F), Line-2(HMC=0 T). Issue #1: Changed "01" to "02" and "M" to "N" on line-1, but IPL failed; no change on display panel. Set "M" back to "N" and exit function "2", but function "3" for IPL restart would not display. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luw3486
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to install python on the AIX 5.2?

Hi folks, Could tell me how to install python on the AIX 5.2 ? What better method for install: rpm or compiling? Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stenioc1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)