Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a? Post 302765455 by pico on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 11:46:39 AM
Old 02-02-2013
IBM HMC

first of all thank you MichaelFelt

i tried to many times to connect to ASMI using serial port to USB but no luck i get only a black screen on putty

i tried ASMI from HMC i managed to login on ip 192.168.2.1X i changed the NIC ip and tryd to ssh i couldn't logint, so i tried to go back to ASMI using the old ip i couldn't

so i gave up on that and installed HMC on vmware, HMC working fine, but i cant add the server to HMC because i don't know it ip address or host name.

i know there is a button to rest the HMC ip address on the server but i looked for it couldn't find it.

any advice?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

4. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

7. AIX

P550 9133 IPL Issues

First IPL of used P550 in Home Lab displayed this on Control Panel: Line-1(01 M F), Line-2(HMC=0 T). Issue #1: Changed "01" to "02" and "M" to "N" on line-1, but IPL failed; no change on display panel. Set "M" back to "N" and exit function "2", but function "3" for IPL restart would not display. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luw3486
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to install python on the AIX 5.2?

Hi folks, Could tell me how to install python on the AIX 5.2 ? What better method for install: rpm or compiling? Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stenioc1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)						      Dovecot						       DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)

NAME
doveadm-director - Manage Dovecot directors SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] director add [-a director_socket_path] host [vhost_count] doveadm [-Dv] director flush [-a director_socket_path] host|all doveadm [-Dv] director map [-a director_socket_path] [-f users_file] [host] doveadm [-Dv] director remove [-a director_socket_path] host doveadm [-Dv] director dump [-a director_socket_path] doveadm [-Dv] director status [-a director_socket_path] [user] DESCRIPTION
doveadm director can be used to manage and query the status of the list of backend mail servers where Dovecot proxy can redirect connec- tions to. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a director_socket_path This option is used to specify an alternative socket. The option's argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port), in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/director-admin. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. ARGUMENTS
host A mail server's hostname or IP address. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. vhost_count The number of "virtual hosts" to assign to this server. The higher the number is relative to other servers, the more connections it gets. The default is 100. COMMANDS
director add doveadm director add [-a director_socket_path] host [vhost_count] The command's tasks are: * assign a new mail server to the director. * increase/decrease the vhost_count of an already assigned server. director flush doveadm director flush [-a director_socket_path] host|all doveadm director flush drops all user associations either from the given host or all hosts. This command is intended mainly for testing purposes. director map doveadm director map [-a director_socket_path] [-f users_file] [host] The command doveadm director map is used to list current user -> host mappings. Note that the director works using 32bit hashes which makes collisions quite likely, so this command can't reliably list exactly which users have recently logged in. -f users_file Path to a file containing all user names (one per line). When given no userdb lookup will be performed. This may be a helpful alternative when for example the network connection to the LDAP or SQL server is slow. host Specify a server's IP address or hostname, to list only mappings of the given host. director remove doveadm director remove [-a director_socket_path] host Use this command in order to remove the given host from the director. director dump doveadm director dump [-a director_socket_path] Dump the current host configuration as doveadm commands. These commands can be easily run after a full director cluster restart to get back to the dumped state. director status doveadm director status [-a director_socket_path] [user] This command is used to show the current usage of all assigned mail servers. When a user name is given, this command shows which server the user is currently assigned to, where the user will be assigned after the current saved assignment gets removed and where the user would be assigned to if the whole proxy cluster was restarted fresh. FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-director.conf Director specific settings. EXAMPLE
Add a director with vhost count 150 (or change existing one's vhost count to 150): doveadm -v director add x1357.imap.ha.example.net 150 2001:db8:543:6861:143::1357: OK Remove a director: doveadm director remove x1357.imap.ha.example.net Query the status of mail hosts in a director: doveadm director status mail server ip vhosts users 192.168.10.1 100 125 192.168.10.2 100 144 192.168.10.3 100 115 Query the status of a user's assignment: doveadm director status user@example.com Current: 192.168.10.1 (expires 2010-06-18 20:17:04) Hashed: 192.168.10.2 Initial config: 192.168.10.3 This means that the user is currently assigned to mail server on IP 192.168.10.1. After all of user's connections have logged out, the assignment will be removed (currently it looks like at 20:17:04, but that may be increased). After the assignment has expired, the user will next time be redirected to 192.168.10.2 (assuming no changes to director settings). If the entire Dovecot proxy cluster was restarted, so that all of the director configuration would revert back to its initial values, the user would be redirected to 192.168.10.3. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-07-12 DOVEADM-DIRECTOR(1)