Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change Default gateway
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Change Default gateway Post 302765393 by zazzybob on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 07:23:50 AM
Old 02-02-2013
Does

Code:
grep GATEWAY /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*

return anything? It might be defined twice.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change default route when primary gateway dies

Hello all! We have two fedora routers one at each site. What we are trying to do worked using freesco but not on fedora, i'm not very good at scripting and need a little guidence. Basicly what we are trying to do is if the primary line dies, the router will change it's routes to go through our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slacker
0 Replies

3. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Change gateway without reboot server

Hi Gurus Recently i had change the gateway for a server i had change the IP in the /etc/defaultrouter and run the below command # route add default 10.86.33.222 # route delete default 10.86.33.1 # netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and +pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)