Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need help in scripting to check if rootvg is mirrored or not Post 302765043 by MichaelFelt on Friday 1st of February 2013 10:49:50 AM
Old 02-01-2013
long ago it was ok to not mirror sysdump/hd6 BUT AIX will dump to mirrorred device - so that even on a reboot on a single copy after a dump, the dump is there.
i.e. better practice to mirror imho

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check the file existence using shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a script which will check the fiel existence, the lines are as below if !(test -d ./data) then mkdir data fi In the first line error occurs as below generatelicense.sh: syntax error at line 2: `!' unexpected Where as this script works fine in linux OS. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Shell scripting: Can you check it?

I am trying to write a script to get all the html files under a source directory and and for each html file, run a program with html file as an argument. This program generates an output which I need to save as htmlfilename.txt ( right now i was trying to print it on the command line) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapient
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting to check the size of file and it's existance.

Hi, I am totaly new to create a script . Please help. I have file name retrived from SAP table into a internal table . Like :- /home/td_8d02_int_data_IPCL/ILLUSTRATIONS/CGM/l_pc_112138_01_0_01_00.cgm /home/td_8d02_int_data_IPC-L/ILLUSTRATIONS/CMP/l_pc_112138_01_0_01_00.cmp Objective... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

7. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Programming

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the datatypes of the columns are same through shell scripting?

Hi, We have a requirement like, to check the datatypes of columns against database. After loading the sample data in to one of the database, need to compare the datatypes of the columns are matching with the provided files. Is there a way that we can achieve through shell scripting. We... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
7 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)