Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Listing files starting with p or f and with the exact length of 3 characters Post 302764995 by Scrutinizer on Friday 1st of February 2013 08:54:55 AM
Old 02-01-2013
Code:
ls [pf]??

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding exact characters

I want to grep from a file an exact character match. I tried grep -c "$a $b" $file where a=6 and b=2 the problem is that I get: 6 2 and 6 20 I just need a count of the occurrence. I'm using the Bourne shell. I've also tried grep -c '$a $b' $file; not sure how to do this - any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all the files names not starting as

hello all, iam new to shell scripting.I have searched the forum and could'nd find a close enough answer and hence this post: I want to list all the file names whose names don't start as abc. For example if my folder constains files with names: abc123.txt,erdf23.rdf,ed45r.fmb i want a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing full file names with the exact length of 3 characters

This is what I have to do: Display the full file name (including the full path) and file size of all files whose name (excluding the path) is exactly 3 characters long. This is the code I have: find / -printf "Name: %f Path: %h Size: %s (bytes)\n" 2>/dev/null | grep -E "Name: .{3,} Path" |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joesgrrrl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] String length in kornshell

In the kornshell you can get the length of a string with $ x=abc $ print ${#x} 3 If the current locale is a multibyte locale, like de_AT.UTF-8, you get the length of the string in bytes, not characters: $ x=für $ print ${#x} 4 Is there an easy way to get the length of a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Problem with listing my files

Hello, In my directory i have got a list of files like below unix1a.csv unix1b.csv unix1c.csv unix1d.csv unix1y.csv I have done ls -lrt unix1.csv, how can i get my unix1y.csv also get listed along with this.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lines starting with special characters

Hi I have a file and need to extract lines starting with "grep ^" I tried with quotes single/double before/after but no luck. suggestion pls, thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Length of each string

Hi I have a file which has sequences which look like this >String1 aqwertrtrytytyuuijhgddfghhhghhgjhjhhsswekrkmygppdslxmvbnhkwqalldrtjbllnlnlnnnvc >String2 qwwerrtyuiopasdfghjmnbvfklzxerbvcwghjjkoowwqerrtggbddqsdfgaqwcxzakjtyugfsdefrtgyhujiknbbbbcdcdcxsxsx zxzxcvcfcdcg >String3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep exact match without period or other special characters

If I have a file like the following abc.1 abc abc_1 abc..1 abc*1 abc@1 abc def ghr def...... ddef 5466 def ed def** 123445 I`m trying to find exact words from the list abc def (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)