Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bulk load testing in regular intervals Post 302764985 by jim mcnamara on Friday 1st of February 2013 08:42:18 AM
Old 02-01-2013
Code:
sec=1800  # 30 minutes
pid=$$
sleep $sec && kill $pid & > dev/null
while true
do
   # run your sftp script
done

The child process sleeps for $sec, wakes up and terminates the parent process.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing myself at regular intervals...

hi all, i wrote a script to mail myself using pine (modified) to keep remind of b'days. #!/bin/bash grep "`date +%D |awk -F/ '{print $2+1, $1+0}'`" dataFile >/home/username/mailme if test -s /home/username/mailme then pine -I '^X,y' -subject "Birthday Remainder" username... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timepassman
4 Replies

2. Programming

performing a task at regular intervals

hi! i m tryin to write a program that will perform a specific tasks after fixed interval of time.say every 1 min. i jus donno how to go abt it.. which functions to use and so on... i wud like to add that i am dont want to use crontab over here. ny lead is appreciated. thanx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. AIX

increase load for testing

Hi, Anyone know of a good procedure or command that will significantly increase the load of my server without crashing it? I want to run some threshold tests and monitor load, cpu and memory usage. Thanks Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chlawren
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me out ... I want to check process status at regular intervals of time

I want to check process status at regular interval of time ... so i ha wirtten this BUT its not working when i placed this peace of code in .sh .. please help me out #!/bin/sh w = ps -ef|grep processname | wc - l echo $w if ; then Banner "Proceesname Problem" else Banner " Running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

7. Programming

Selecting files in regular intervals from a folder

Hi, I need your expertise in selecting files from a folder. I have files named with convention: filename.i.j where j is an interger from 1 to 16, for each i which is an integer from 1 to 2000. I would like to select the files with i in regular interval of 50 like filename.1.j,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies
setpgid(2)							System Calls Manual							setpgid(2)

NAME
setpgid(), setpgrp2() - set process group ID for job control SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The and system calls cause the process specified by pid to join an existing process group or create a new process group within the session of the calling process. The process group ID of the process whose process ID is pid is set to pgid. If pid is zero, the process ID of the calling process is used. If pgid is zero, the process ID of the indicated process is used. The process group ID of a session leader does not change. is provided for backward compatibility only. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call are subject to compartmental restrictions. See compartments(5) for more information about compartmentalization on systems that support that feature. Compartmental restrictions can be overridden if the process possesses the privilege (COMMALLOWED). Processes owned by the superuser may not have this privilege. Pro- cesses owned by any user may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
and return the following values: Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If or fails, is set to one of the following values. The value of pid matches the process ID of a child process of the calling process and the child process has successfully executed one of the exec(2) functions. The value of pgid is less than zero or is outside the range of valid process group ID values. The process indicated by pid is a session leader. The value of pid is valid but matches the process ID of a child process of the calling process, and the child process is not in the same session as the calling process. The value of pgid does not match the process ID of the process indicated by pid and there is no process with a process group ID that matches the value of pgid in the same session as the calling process. The value of pid does not match the process ID of the calling process or of a child process of the calling process. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
bsdproc(3C), exec(2), exit(2), fork(2), getpid(2), kill(2), setsid(2), signal(2), privileges(5), termio(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
setpgid(2)