Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bulk load testing in regular intervals Post 302764965 by talk1234 on Friday 1st of February 2013 07:47:09 AM
Old 02-01-2013
Bulk load testing in regular intervals

I need to write a script which can send files via sftp communication continously for half an hour or any given duration of time. I have already written a batch file to send multiple file via SFTP.
but I need to know how can we set a duration of half an hour through shell script. Can we use sleep command for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing myself at regular intervals...

hi all, i wrote a script to mail myself using pine (modified) to keep remind of b'days. #!/bin/bash grep "`date +%D |awk -F/ '{print $2+1, $1+0}'`" dataFile >/home/username/mailme if test -s /home/username/mailme then pine -I '^X,y' -subject "Birthday Remainder" username... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timepassman
4 Replies

2. Programming

performing a task at regular intervals

hi! i m tryin to write a program that will perform a specific tasks after fixed interval of time.say every 1 min. i jus donno how to go abt it.. which functions to use and so on... i wud like to add that i am dont want to use crontab over here. ny lead is appreciated. thanx. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

4. AIX

increase load for testing

Hi, Anyone know of a good procedure or command that will significantly increase the load of my server without crashing it? I want to run some threshold tests and monitor load, cpu and memory usage. Thanks Chris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chlawren
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me out ... I want to check process status at regular intervals of time

I want to check process status at regular interval of time ... so i ha wirtten this BUT its not working when i placed this peace of code in .sh .. please help me out #!/bin/sh w = ps -ef|grep processname | wc - l echo $w if ; then Banner "Proceesname Problem" else Banner " Running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasvandana
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

7. Programming

Selecting files in regular intervals from a folder

Hi, I need your expertise in selecting files from a folder. I have files named with convention: filename.i.j where j is an interger from 1 to 16, for each i which is an integer from 1 to 2000. I would like to select the files with i in regular interval of 50 like filename.1.j,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies
SLEEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SLEEP(1)

NAME
sleep -- suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
sleep seconds DESCRIPTION
The sleep command suspends execution for a minimum of seconds. If the sleep command receives a signal, it takes the standard action. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The SIGALRM signal is not handled specially by this implementation. The sleep command will accept and honor a non-integer number of specified seconds (with a '.' character as a decimal point). This is a non- portable extension, and its use will nearly guarantee that a shell script will not execute properly on another system. EXIT STATUS
The sleep utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To schedule the execution of a command for x number seconds later (with csh(1)): (sleep 1800; sh command_file >& errors)& This incantation would wait a half hour before running the script command_file. (See the at(1) utility.) To reiteratively run a command (with the csh(1)): while (1) if (! -r zzz.rawdata) then sleep 300 else foreach i (`ls *.rawdata`) sleep 70 awk -f collapse_data $i >> results end break endif end The scenario for a script such as this might be: a program currently running is taking longer than expected to process a series of files, and it would be nice to have another program start processing the files created by the first program as soon as it is finished (when zzz.rawdata is created). The script checks every five minutes for the file zzz.rawdata, when the file is found, then another portion processing is done courteously by sleeping for 70 seconds in between each awk job. SEE ALSO
nanosleep(2), sleep(3) STANDARDS
The sleep command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A sleep command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD