Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need help in scripting to check if rootvg is mirrored or not Post 302764893 by -=XrAy=- on Friday 1st of February 2013 05:44:52 AM
Old 02-01-2013
snip:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
TMP_FILE=/tmp/mirror_check.out
if (( $(lspv| grep -cw rootvg) > 1 )); then
        lsvg -l rootvg | awk 'NR > 2 && $2 !~ /^sysdump$/ { if ($3 == $4) {print $0} }' >> $TMP_FILE
        NON_MIRR=`wc -l < $TMP_FILE`
        if (( $NON_MIRR != 0 )); then
                echo "unmirrored LVs found:"
                echo
                cat $TMP_FILE
        fi
fi

The original code was written by zaxxon.
Thank Him not me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check the file existence using shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a script which will check the fiel existence, the lines are as below if !(test -d ./data) then mkdir data fi In the first line error occurs as below generatelicense.sh: syntax error at line 2: `!' unexpected Where as this script works fine in linux OS. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Shell scripting: Can you check it?

I am trying to write a script to get all the html files under a source directory and and for each html file, run a program with html file as an argument. This program generates an output which I need to save as htmlfilename.txt ( right now i was trying to print it on the command line) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapient
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting to check the size of file and it's existance.

Hi, I am totaly new to create a script . Please help. I have file name retrived from SAP table into a internal table . Like :- /home/td_8d02_int_data_IPCL/ILLUSTRATIONS/CGM/l_pc_112138_01_0_01_00.cgm /home/td_8d02_int_data_IPC-L/ILLUSTRATIONS/CMP/l_pc_112138_01_0_01_00.cmp Objective... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help scripting to start, check, and restart processes

Here it goes from my unexperienced point of view. I am using CentOS 5.6. I have a Java based server that needs to be running 24/7/365. To begin from the machine the server is on rebooting; I SSH in to a shell, cd to the server dir, screen -S server1, and execute ./exec (listed below) in the screen.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacG32
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

7. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Programming

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the file permissions using python scripting

Hi, For a particular set of files, am trying to check if they are writable. i.e., checking whether they are having permissions greater than 755. Am able to check this using the statement: "if (os.path.isfile(FILE_PATH) and (os.stat(FILE_PATH).st_mode & 0777) == 0777):" But the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the datatypes of the columns are same through shell scripting?

Hi, We have a requirement like, to check the datatypes of columns against database. After loading the sample data in to one of the database, need to compare the datatypes of the columns are matching with the provided files. Is there a way that we can achieve through shell scripting. We... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
7 Replies
lvmerge(1M)															       lvmerge(1M)

NAME
lvmerge - merge two LVM logical volumes into one logical volume SYNOPSIS
autobackup] copy_lv_path master_lv_path Remarks This command requires the installation of the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software, which is not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
The command merges two logical volumes of the same size. The copy_lv_path is added as a mirrored copy of master_lv_path and only the mas- ter_lv_path logical volume is retained. The number of mirrored copies of the master_lv_path is increased by the number of copies in the copy_lv_path. Either copy_lv_path or master_lv_path must be an unmirrored logical volume. Data previously contained in the copy_lv_path will be resynchronized using the data in the master_lv_path. All new data on the copy_lv_path will be destroyed and the copy_lv_path logical volume will be removed. By default, completes after all the extents are resynchronized. When run with the option, if there is no bitmap (see below), returns with- out resynchronizing the remaining logical volume. Using the option may affect data high availability as extents may remain stale. Use or to synchronize the mirrors. The normal usage for this command is to merge previously mirrored logical volumes that have been split using the command. However, the two logical volumes are not required to have been the result of a previous operation. NOTE: When a mirrored logical volume of a non-shared volume group is split into two logical volumes using a bitmap is stored that keeps track of all writes to either logical volume in the split pair. If the volume group was shared at the time of the split, no bitmap was created. When the two logical volumes are subsequently merged using the bitmap is used to decide which areas of copy_lv_path need to be resynchronized with the master_lv_path. This bitmap remains in existence until one of the following conditions occurs: o The merge is completed. o One of the logical volumes is extended, reduced, or split again. o The volume group is deactivated, or cross-activated to shared mode (see vgchange(1M)). o The system is rebooted. If there is no bitmap available, all the physical extents from the copy_lv_path are marked stale. If there is a bitmap available, the option is ignored. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: copy_lv_path The block device path name of a logical volume that will be removed. master_lv_path The block device path name of a logical volume that will remain. Set automatic backup for this invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes this time. If there is no bitmap, do not synchronize the new mirrors in the master_lv_path after the merge. Using the option may affect data high availability as extents may remain stale. Use or to synchronize the mirrors. Shared Volume Group Considerations For volume group version 1.0 and 2.0, cannot be used if the volume group is activated in shared mode. For volume groups version 2.1 (or higher), can be performed when activated in either shared, exclusive, or standalone mode. Note that the daemon must be running on all the nodes sharing a volume group activated in shared mode. See lvmpud(1M). When a node wants to share the volume group, the user must first execute a if logical volumes were merged at the time the volume group was not activated on that node. LVM shared mode is currently only available in Serviceguard clusters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Merge with Data in will be overwritten by and will be removed. Merge with Data in will be overwritten by and will be removed. If the bitmap does not exist, then mark all extents associated with as stale and complete without resynchronizing. WARNINGS
does not check to guarantee that the allocation policy of master_lv_path is preserved after the merge. SEE ALSO
lvcreate(1M), lvextend(1M), lvmpud(1M), lvsplit(1M), lvsync(1M), vgsync(1M). Requires Optional HP MirrorDisk/UX Software lvmerge(1M)