Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match. Post 302764679 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 31st of January 2013 06:25:29 PM
Old 01-31-2013
Hi, s/\n.* / :: /p means replace everything in the line buffer between the first linefeed and the last space with " :: " and print the result.

So for the first match the line buffer will contain the following after the 3 N-operations:
Code:
PKG= P8SDB     :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001 vgP8S007 vgP8S003 vgP8S004 vgP8SOlog \nPKG= P8SDB    disks:                    \n-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n/dev/rdisk/disk7777   xx  00   00  xxxx  07:67  xxxx 00060110

so
\nPKG= P8SDB disks: \n-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n/dev/rdisk/disk7777 xx 00 00 xxxx 07:67 xxxx
will get replaced.. (\n is representation of the linefeed in this example)

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-31-2013 at 07:32 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: Filter Multiple Entry & print in one line.

AWK Gurus, data: srvhcm01 AZSCI srvhcm01 AZSDB srvhcm01 BZSDB srvhcm01 E2QDI31 srvhcm01 YPDCI srvhcm01 YPDDB srvhcm01 UV2FSCR srvhcm01 UV2FSBI srvhcm01 UV2FSXI srvhcm01 UV2FSUC srvhcm01 UV2FSEP srvhcm01 UV2FSRE srvhcm01 NASCI srvhcm01 NASDB srvhcm01 UV2FSSL srvhcm01 UV2FSDI (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value

Hello: I am working parsing a large input file which will be broken down into multiples based on the second field in the file, in this case: STORE. The idea is to create each file with the corresponding store number, for example: Report_$STORENUM_$DATETIMESTAMP , and obtaining the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ec012
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse field and include the text of 1 pipe in field 4

I am trying to parse the input in awk to include the |gc= in $4 but am not able to. The below is close: awk so far: awk '{sub(/\|]+]++/, ""); print }' input.txt Input chr1 955543 955763 AGRN-6|pr=2|gc=75 0 + chr1 957571 957852 AGRN-7|pr=3|gc=61.2 0 + chr1 970621 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pivoting data based on a header field

Hi Team, Could you please help me with the below scenario. I have a file which is in the below format. Zipcode,001,001f,002,002f,003,003f,004,004f,005,005f,006,006f,007,007f 0050, ,0, ,0, ,0, ,1,*,7, ,7, ,7 0060, ,0, ,0, ,7, ,0,*,7, ,0, ,0 Would need the output as below. First field... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field

Hi, So awk is driving me crazy on this one. I have searched everywhere and read man, docs and every related post Google can find and still no luck. The actual files I need to run this on are sensitive in nature, but it is the same thing as if I needed to calculate weighted grades for multiple... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotilloe
15 Replies
AGR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AGR(4)

NAME
agr -- link aggregation pseudo network interface driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device agr DESCRIPTION
The agr driver provides link aggregation functionality (a.k.a. L2 trunking or bonding). It supports the IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and the Marker Protocol. The agr driver supports the following link specific flags for ifconfig(8): link0 Use the round-robin distribution algorithm. Don't use it unless you're really sure, because it violates the frame ordering rule. -link0 Use the default distribution algorithm, which is based on the hash of DA/SA, TCI, and, if available, some upper layer protocol infor- mation like ip(4) DA/SA. link1 Disable LACP. Prevents any LACP or Marker messaging which leaves the ports in the default static configuration. Set this prior to adding ports. EXAMPLES
Create an agr interface, agr0, and attach re0 and re1 to it. In other words, aggregate re0 and re1 so that they can be used as a single interface, agr0. The physical interfaces which are attached to the agr interface must not have any IP addresses, neither IPv4 nor IPv6. ifconfig re0 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re0 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig re1 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx delete ifconfig re1 inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx delete ifconfig agr0 create ifconfig agr0 agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 agrport re1 Destroy an interface created in the above example. ifconfig agr0 -agrport re0 ifconfig agr0 -agrport re1 ifconfig agr0 destroy SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8) STANDARDS
IEEE 802.3ad Aggregation of Multiple Link Segments HISTORY
The agr driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The agr driver was written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. BUGS
There is no way to configure LACP administrative variables, including system and port priorities. The current implementation of the agr driver always performs active-mode LACP and uses 0x8000 as system and port priorities. The agr driver uses the MAC address of the first-added physical interface as the MAC address of the agr interface itself. Thus, removing the physical interface and using it for another purpose can result in non-unique MAC addresses. The current implementation of the agr driver doesn't prevent unsafe operations like some ioctls against underlying physical interfaces. Such operations can result in unexpected behaviors, and are strongly discouraged. There is no way to configure agr interfaces without attaching physical interfaces. Physical interfaces being added to the agr interface shouldn't have any addresses except for link level address. Otherwise, the attempt will fail with EBUSY. Note that it includes an automatically assigned IPv6 link-local address. BSD
February 23, 2010 BSD