Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulation with the string using sed Post 302764319 by Jotne on Thursday 31st of January 2013 09:33:56 AM
Old 01-31-2013
With awk
Code:
awk -F"[ ./]" '{print $1". "$5"/"$(NF-2)}' file
A. rel/prod
B. rel/fld
C. deb/detail
D. deb/err

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string manipulation

Hi, I have a file with rows of text like so : E100005568374098100000015667 D100005568374032000000112682 H100005228374060800000002430 I need to grab just the last digits(bolded) of each line without the proceeding text/numbers. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: james6
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed for string manipulation

Hi, I would like to know How to use use sed for manipulating string for the following situation. Basically my objective is to check validity of the filename in my shell script. I am getting a parameter like this for my shell script. Check my folder is having some space. $1=/root/krishna... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hikrishn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed string manipulation

hi I am using sed to split a string this string is 11byteabc I would like to just get the numeric digits. echo "11byteabc" | sed 's/*// returns 11byteabc only solution that works is repeating number of times for the letters which is pointless grateful for any suggestions thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedieB
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String manipulation

I am doing some training for a job I have just got and there is an exercise I am stuck with. I am not posting to ask a question about logic, just a trivial help with string manipulation. I would appreciate if somebody could at least give me a hint on how to do it. Basically, the intelligent part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dantastik
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi all, see i have a script that takes few arguments. first one is command we do on file, next is file (mostly txt file with lot of data) third is destination where we do something with data in file. Since im new in scripting, and im learning as i go, i need some hint how to manipulate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajemrunner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed string manipulation in shell script

Hello, I have 1000 of sql queries and i need to push column value in query. e.g. SET INSERT_ID=1 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('a'); SET INSERT_ID=2 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('b'); SET INSERT_ID=3 INSERT INTO test (id,name) VALUES ('c'); SET INSERT_ID=4 INSERT INTO test... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Hi, I have a file in the following format 123|shanwer|15DEC2010|bgbh|okok|16JAN3000|okok| I want the following to be in following format 123|shanwer|12\15\2010|bgbh|okok|01\16\3000|okok| SED/PERL/AWK Gurus could you please help me with this? Thanks Shankar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shan2210
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi, I have the followoing details in one file: opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 training/ear/help I need to manipulate the string in the following manner: filename1= opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 help=training/ear/help last string is the name and equal sign and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for string manipulation

I have a file which contains contents like below proxy.config.cluster.mc_group_addr 224.0.1.37 proxy.config.log.logging_enabled 3 proxy.config.log.squid_log_enabled 1 Need to modify to 'proxy.config.cluster.mc_group_addr': '224.0.1.37' 'proxy.config.log.logging_enabled': '3'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
10 Replies
deb-old(5)							    dpkg suite								deb-old(5)

NAME
deb-old - old style Debian binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The .deb format is the Debian binary package file format. This manual page describes the old format, used before Debian 0.93. Please see deb(5) for details of the new format. FORMAT
The file is two lines of format information as ASCII text, followed by two concatenated gzipped ustar files. The first line is the format version number padded to 8 digits, and is 0.939000 for all old-format archives. The second line is a decimal string (without leading zeroes) giving the length of the first gzipped tarfile. Each of these lines is terminated with a single newline character. The first tarfile contains the control information, as a series of ordinary files. The file control must be present, as it contains the core control information. In some very old archives, the files in the control tarfile may optionally be in a DEBIAN subdirectory. In that case, the DEBIAN subdirectory will be in the control tarfile too, and the control tarfile will have only files in that directory. Optionally the control tarfile may contain an entry for '.', that is, the current directory. The second gzipped tarfile is the filesystem archive, containing pathnames relative to the root directory of the system to be installed on. The pathnames do not have leading slashes. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-deb(1), deb-control(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-old(5)