Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris paging bringing system to halt Post 302764297 by afadaghi on Thursday 31st of January 2013 08:43:43 AM
Old 01-31-2013
I posted it. the last command starting with "echo". And it is ran by root

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where's solaris halt log?

hi folks could tell my anyone where solaris 8 stores the logs about shutdown/halt command. I found no entries in syslog, but there more logs directories. probabaly a stupid question, but fast help would be great! thanks king regards, patrick (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsaint
6 Replies

2. Programming

How to halt Prog Execution for some time?

Hi, Perhaps I am asking a silly question, but I really don't know about it. Can anyone tell me the function for "sleep" kind of functionality in C language for Unix. I don't think any function with the name of sleep() exits in Unix's C language. or perhaps I am not known with the header file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

4. Solaris

difference b/w halt shutdown

Hi, I want to know the difference between halt and shutdown commands and which is better to use? Regards, visu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu_ak
2 Replies

5. Solaris

unable to halt the zone

Hi Experts, I have to delete the non- global zone from one of the server. As per my understanding we need to halt the zone , then uninstall and later delete it with zoneadm however once I am trying to halt the zone the screen is getting hanged, after canceling the process and... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
23 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO Open Server 6 - System Halt

========================================================= Errrr previously post: https://www.unix.com/sco/140055-sco-open-server-6-system-halt.html Then I think it's better to post here. If I wrong, please ignore. ========================================================= Dear All, Newbie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virgani
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Open Server 6 - System Halt

Dear All, Newbie here, hope my post goes to the correct room. System: SCO Open Server 6.0 Everything running well, after this Sunday morning noone can login via telnet or via putty, the system suddenly reject without any message (and also ftp). The local IT Support there (without enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: virgani
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Four-Level multi-paging on x86 system with 64 bit addressing

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I've got a huuuuuuge problem with understanding this new concept of multi-paging. I really tried to research but i could not find anything significant. I've been trying to understand this for 4 days and i cannot. The question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown to a Halt and restart

I've got critical patching this weekend on 6 HP UX machines, back to back and the customer has requested to shutdown, and halt the machines and to bring it up at a later period. The thing is the servers are located offshore and we are just the support team. I have a special login thru a console... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
16 Replies

10. AIX

64K Paging taking place when available system ram exists

We are on AIX 6100-03-01 and our Admin said we are hitting "64K PAGING TAKING PLACE WHEN AVAILABLE SYSTEM RAM EXISTS " issue addressed by IZ71987 / IZ71850 / IZ72031 / IZ71191 / IZ71603. We are thinking to upgrade the OS to AIX 6.1 TL 6 SP3. Wondering if this issue "64K PAGING TAKING PLACE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunusernewbie
1 Replies
LASTCOMM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       LASTCOMM(1)

NAME
lastcomm -- show last commands executed in reverse order SYNOPSIS
lastcomm [-f file] [command ...] [user ...] [terminal ...] DESCRIPTION
lastcomm gives information on previously executed commands. With no arguments, lastcomm prints information about all the commands recorded during the current accounting file's lifetime. Option: -f file Read from file rather than the default accounting file. If called with arguments, only accounting entries with a matching command name, user name, or terminal name are printed. So, for example: lastcomm a.out root ttyd0 would produce a listing of all the executions of commands named a.out by user root on the terminal ttyd0. For each process entry, the following are printed. o The name of the user who ran the process. o Flags, as accumulated by the accounting facilities in the system. o The command name under which the process was called. o The amount of cpu time used by the process (in seconds). o The time the process started. o The elapsed time of the process. The flags are encoded as follows: ``S'' indicates the command was executed by the super-user, ``F'' indicates the command ran after a fork, but without a following exec(3), ``C'' indicates the command was run in PDP-11 compatibility mode (VAX only), ``D'' indicates the command terminated with the generation of a core file, and ``X'' indicates the command was terminated with a signal. FILES
/var/account/acct Default accounting file. SEE ALSO
last(1), sigaction(2), acct(5), core(5) HISTORY
The lastcomm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
December 22, 2006 BSD