Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to auto start a service on rebooting a Solaris 5.10 x86 machine? Post 302764153 by ziosnim on Thursday 31st of January 2013 03:57:22 AM
Old 01-31-2013
Hi zazzybob,

Thank you for your reply.

Please let me know how to add to "init" script.

Thank you in advance.
ziosnim

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to supress a UI popup at the time of Service start up in solaris-10

Hi, I have written a service script(service.sh) for my application which will add my application(BTINM) as service and start the service. Internally inside the script i will call the sh script which will start my application server. When my application server starts a UI opens saying that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto Start/Stop Didnt Work in Solaris 10

Hi...all database - 10g Rs 2 with ASM platform - Sun Solaris V890 64bit This is the step i use to auto start the database n ASM: (auto start can start but need to kill lsvcrun first) 1 dbora---script 2 start_shutdown_asm.ksh---script 3. Dbora file must be put under /etc/init.d directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. Solaris

x86 Sun Machine and Solaris Soft Mirror

Hi everyone, Normally it always easier in Sparc machine, i can set or manually use the boot-device in NVram to boot the mirrored disk. However I have a big trouble about x86 mirror for a long time. I have been doing anything i can: search document, google, ask the others. Recently i did as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to auto start MySQL server on Opensolaris after rebooting the machine?

Hi, In Linux, I will do it by editing the /etc/rc.d/rc.local . However, I can't find a rc.local file in Opensolaris. So, how can I do it in Opensolaris? I am new to opensolaris, so please teach me step by step. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
4 Replies

6. Solaris

is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine?

i heard some where veritas volume manager wont work on solaris x86. i have installed vmware into my 32bit xp machine. i am planning to learn veritas.. is there an veritas volume manager version compatible with solaris x86 machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Disable xen machine to auto start on reboot

Hello Guys - I need to disable xen server not to start when the server is rebooted. 1) What is the parameter to be used to do this..below is the entry in my config file... on_reboot = "restart" 2) What is the default behaviors of the xen on reboot ? in case we comment this line from config... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to start cron service in Solaris 10

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86. I am not able to start cron service, configured in FMRI. It is in maintenance and when I clear it, it seems like calling and failing on /etc/init.d/tcs-rtm script. I am not able to figure out, why cron is calling that script, if this failure is because of that. Cron... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)