Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring syslog.conf
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Configuring syslog.conf Post 302764129 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 31st of January 2013 02:56:40 AM
Old 01-31-2013
Many Many Thanks zazzybob.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

syslog.conf

Hi all I have a RedHat Linux AS2.1 server that keep crashing/rebooting and there are no messages in the /var/log/messages file pointing to any problems. I had a look at the /etc/syslog.conf file to see what gets logged to /var/log/messages, but I don't know what else to add. Can anyone tell me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring syslog.conf in a TRU64 UNIX machine

Dear all I want to redirect the logs of the syslog of a tru64 unix machine in a log and event monitoring tool installed in another server. In the syslog.conf i have appended *.*@<server_name> at the end, where <server_name> is the name of the machine on which the reporting tool is running. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

4. Linux

SYSLOG.CONF another port

Hi everybody, i have a little problem... I have two server srv01 and srv02. srv02 have a syslogd server onboard and listen on 515... not on 514 (it's busy). How i configure the syslog.conf of srv01 for send logs on srv02:515 ??? Now i have on srv01: *.* @srv02 if i write: *.* ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

5. Solaris

syslog-ng.conf

Has anyone here configured a central syslog server using syslog-ng ? I have set one up and I'm trying to tune the syslog-ng.conf file, both for the server and the client. I have found lots of linux example files, but not much on Solaris which is slightly different. So if you have a Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Want to know about a entry in syslog.conf

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to know about the below entry in syslog.conf in Solaris 10: kern.notice @destserver Now the log will be redirected to destserver. But I want to know the location on the destserver where this log will be thrown. Thanks in Advance, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modifying syslog.conf

I have a RHEL box that I want to be the loghost for all of the other systems on my network and have set up a /logs partitions to hold all of the logs. I've also created a file called current.log that will contain daily logs and created it using the following command: cp /dev/null current.log. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

syslog.conf

How can i configure messages with warn priority to be logged in /var/log/mywarnings.log ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g0dlik3
1 Replies

9. BSD

Syslog.conf issue

I'm trying to get all ipfw logs going to ipfw.log I've managed that, but ipfw.log is also getting stuff that shows up in system.log !-ipfw *.notice;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp,install,internal.none /var/log/system.log kern.* /var/log/kernel.log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)