Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disable multimedia access in Linux Post 302764061 by lhareigh890 on Thursday 31st of January 2013 01:21:40 AM
Old 01-31-2013
Disable multimedia access in Linux

is there a way on how to disable multimedia access in linux like ubuntu? in this way user will not be able to play media files. (via command line or grapical tool)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. SuSE

Restoration of Multimedia Capabilities in Red Hat Linux 9

Hello There Is there any way round to restore the multimedia capabilities in Red Hat Linux 9 which were withdrawn by Red Hat due to non-standardization of formats like MP3? Is it possible to listen to MP3s in XMMS Player or view Movies in Xine again as it was in Red Hat Linux 7.3? Furthermore, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
5 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux SuSE 10 - Disable Unsuccessful Login History.

When we login to any remote connections in SuSE Linux, say for example, telnet , the following line is displayed "Last Login : Date and time is displayed" I would like to disable this. In SuSE 9, I could find the solution . Please suggest me a solution to disable the line displayed for SuSE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How do I disable Remote Access ?

During the Solaris 10 installation, I answered "Yes" at the "Activate Remote Access" screen - or something like that. I know this is a security issue and I want it disabled now. How can I disable remote access ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinezu'
4 Replies

5. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

How can i disable force options for linux commands

Sir , Is there any way for me to disable force (-f ) options to linux commands like rm. I tried to alias rm -f. alias rm -f = "rm -i" but it shows bad alias name error I need this command specifically for rm. Atleast i want this command to be interactive whether I issue rm ,rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
2 Replies

7. Linux

HOW TO DISABLE SIT0 in REDHAT LINUX 5.1

Hi All, I want to configure static IP4 address in my Linux system. I just found sit0 is enabled in my system. ifconfig -a returns sit0 Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4, but there is no eth0. I tried with $ system-config-network & and changed static IP Add: 192.168.1.10 but no result after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gohappy
2 Replies

8. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
FBAUTOSTART(1)							fbautostart Manual						    FBAUTOSTART(1)

NAME
fbautostart - Autostart all XDG applications SYNOPSIS
fbautostart [options] DESCRIPTION
fbautostart(1) is an XDG complaint startup tool. This will go through the directories set up by the spec, and start all applications that match it's current identifier. You may change that identifier with the FBXDG_DE env var. This tool has almost no library dependencies and was written to be smart about that sort of stuff. There is a greater then average chance that you will find a bug, since it is a from-scratch implementation of the .desktop spec. Pleas report bugs. Please. FILES
~/.config/autostart This folder contains the default user XDG dot-desktop files that will be run ( unless it's overridden by an ENV variable ) /etc/xdg This folder contains the default system XDG dot-desktop files that will be run ( unless it's overridden by an ENV variable ) OPTIONS
Sadly, there are no flags in this particular release. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
XDG_CONFIG_HOME The XDG root directory for the user's startup files, which may override the global startup files. XDG_CONFIG_DIRS The root XDG directory, where global XDG files are maintained. FBXDG_DE Development environment that we should act upon. This defaults to "FLUXBOX", since this is a fluxbox project, after all. Please note this is case sensitive. FBXDG_EXEC This dictates if we should execute the application that we've been told to or not. This is particularly useful for debugging the app. HOME The location of one's home directory, such that ~/ will be expanded to /home/user/ EXAMPLE
fbautostart AUTHORS
Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com[1]> for fbautostart 2.718281 SEE ALSO
fluxbox(1) AUTHOR
Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com> Author. NOTES
1. paultag@ubuntu.com mailto:paultag@ubuntu.com fbautostart.txt 7th September 2011 FBAUTOSTART(1)