Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sol10 - OpenLDAP Auth
Operating Systems Solaris Sol10 - OpenLDAP Auth Post 302764057 by Panzerkampfwagn on Thursday 31st of January 2013 09:55:28 AM
Old 01-31-2013
Hey, thx for the answer. Geco field (Value=ldapuser GB) is still there and and entry for shadowLastChange,shadowMax,shadowWarning, sn, too Smilie I didnīt post it. Srry my fault.

---------- Post updated at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:12 AM ----------

Okay, is maybe value for the shadow pw missing ({CRYPT} blablabla)? if i do ldaplist -l passwd ldapuser on Sol10 Client:

#ldaplist -l passwd ldapuser

Sol10Serv:> dn: uid=ldapuser,ou=People,dc=example,dc=de
uid: ldapuser
cn: ldapuser GB
givenName: ldap user
sn: GB
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
shadowLastChange: 15622
shadowMax: 168
shadowWarning: 7
loginshell: /usr/bin/bash
gidnumber: 1
gecos: ldapuser GB
homeDirectory: /export/home/ldapuser
uidnumber: 5000

---------- Post updated at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:24 AM ----------

DAM!!

i got some new grey hairs now... not funny Smilie It works now!!11! If im really sure, what i did, i will post a howto here for other guys...

thx for reading Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

stack space in sol10

we have a solaris 10 box (V440) we are looking for a way to set the stack size for all processes on the system. we know we can use ulimit -s $ ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sol10 on x86 -> network issue

i've decided to try out an x86 system with sol10. however, i can't get my 3com 3C905TX-B to work. i checked the hcl and it says it runs natively. anyone having similar issues or seen a fix for this? i'll be happy to supply more info. Note: i do not see this in /etc/path_to_inst. so it looks like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql on sol10 x86

i installed the x86 version (32-bit) of mysql community db. looks like the initial install of the pkg was good. however, i've got a few questions here. after the install, i run `/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql` to generate the db's and tables. it looks like a clean install... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sol10 on primepower 850

I've got a console that seems to be hung. all other services (ip, etc) work perfectly. in fact, its still in production... we just don't have console access. so i there are two consoles on this guy.. scfc0 and scfc1. using iompadm from fujitsu, this is what i got: # ./iompadm -c FJSVscf3 info... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

machine to learn Sol10

Hi What kind of Sun machine, you recommend to buy in order to learn Solaris 10 administration ? I need machine where I can train the following sol10 features : - zfs - solstice suite (RAID 0+1, RAID 5, RAID 1 + 0 ) - containers Please advice sth for reasonable price. thx for help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Sol10 boot error

I just ran the latest ( 9-27-11) solaris patch set on my sparc testbed ( ultra80 ). Brought down to single user mode and ran patches as I always have. When I rebooted it after completion it came up with the following error on boot. "Fast Access Data MMU Miss". I can boot to a cdrom in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bow tie klr
5 Replies

7. Solaris

t2000 Sol10 installation failure

Hi folks, I've searched as much as possible with regards to the installation of Solaris 10 and this error that I keep getting no matter which arguments I use. sol-10-u9-ga-sparc-dvd.iso sc> showhost Sun-Fire-T2000 System Firmware 6.7.12 2011/07/06 20:03 Host flash versions: OBP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnetcrawler
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot tell what is filling up root (/) partition on Sol10

I can see that my root partition is down to single-digit GB free out of 134GB root partition on a larger server with many SAN, NFS, LOFS mounts etc mounted at the root (/) partition. How can I specifically tell which directories is causing the most utilization in my root (/) partition? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

10. Solaris

FTPD ls problem on Sol10

Hey guys, i'm pretty sure this is simple enough so i'll go quick. I must be missing something but can't pinpoint it. NOTE: Yes, i should be using proftpd but the architect team is a pain in the butt and it is not possible right now. Sol10 FTP server (zoned) MS vista ftp client. Login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick72
1 Replies
SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)						File Formats Manual						 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)

NAME
slapo-auditlog - Audit Logging overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf /etc/ldap/slapd.d DESCRIPTION
The Audit Logging overlay can be used to record all changes on a given backend database to a specified log file. Changes are logged as standard LDIF, with an additional comment header giving the timestamp of the change and the identity of the user making the change. For Add and Modify operations the identity comes from the modifiersName associated with the operation. This is usually the same as the requestor's identity, but may be set by other overlays to reflect other values. CONFIGURATION
This slapd.conf option applies to the Audit Logging overlay. It should appear after the overlay directive. auditlog <filename> Specify the fully qualified path for the log file. olcAuditlogFile <filename> For use with cn=config EXAMPLE
The following LDIF could be used to add this overlay to cn=config (adjust to suit) dn: olcOverlay=auditlog,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config changetype: add objectClass: olcOverlayConfig objectClass: olcAuditLogConfig olcOverlay: auditlog olcAuditlogFile: /tmp/auditlog.ldif FILES
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file /etc/ldap/slapd.d default slapd configuration directory SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5). OpenLDAP 2012/04/23 SLAPO-AUDITLOG(5)