Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looping/Reading file contents not working Post 302763999 by DBnixUser on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 07:51:06 PM
Old 01-30-2013
Sorry I forgot to add that. I have that already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from a file and appending it to another file

Hi, I need to write a shell script (ksh) to read contents starting at a specific location from one file and append the contents at specific location in another file. Please find below the contents of the source file that I need to read the contents from, File 1 -----# more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and printing one by one contents of a file

I have a file which has following contents: localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552455.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552460.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552467.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552759.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552969.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552975.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading file,looping and limitation

I have 2 functions on AIX. Func_A () { .... .... } Func_B () { .... .... } And I have a abc.txt file (multiple lines) and I would like to read line by line and pass line by line to Func_A & Func_B. once Func_A is done,pass same value to Func_B and in the mean time get second line from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jang
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While or For with looping contructs? to create files from contents of a text file

Hi so far I created this script: vi loop.beta.sh for i in `cat extract.filenames.tabc` do echo $i done>$i === This is the original text file. $ more tabc.txt -rwx------- 1 alice staff 1586 2010-11-05 02:27 request-key .conf -rwx------- 1 ted staff 126 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file contents until a keyword

Hi Guys, I need to read a file until I find a blank line. and in the next iteration I want to continue reading from the line I find a keyword. For ex: my file looks like PDS_JOB_ALIAS CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE PDS_JOB_CRITERIA_ITEM CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE First I want to read the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the contents of the file and splitting using ksh

We're using a ksh script for installing one product. I've another config file, I'd need to read this configuration file from my main script Content of the Configuration file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittu129
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with looping through file contents

Hi, I have a several files with ".out" extension in a folder and each file has the below like contents .... appname: wonder1 ..... logname78.log logname88.log ..... CAP: 2 ..... appname: wonder54 ...... logname28.log logname58.log logname54.log ..... CAP: 3 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
shatag-add(1)							      Shatag							     shatag-add(1)

NAME
shatag-add - add checksums to the local database for further procressing. SYNOPSIS
shatag-add [-v] [-d DATABASE] NAME DESCRIPTION
shatag-add processes the output of shatag(1) to fill the local database. NAME is the symbolical name of the storage on which the file re- side (recommended to be the canonical hostname). If the operation succeeds, previous entries for the specified name are removed from the database. When running shatag(1) to send data to shatag-add, always use the -0 and -c options. Not using -0 will result in a garbled database; Not using -c may yield false positives when looking for duplicates. OPTIONS
-d DATABASE, --database DATABASE Use an alternate localtion for the SQLite database. The default is "$HOME/.shatagdb". REPORTING BUGS
Report shatag bugs to the bugtracker at http://bitbucket.org/maugier/shatag, SEE ALSO
shatag(1), shatag-mkdb(1) Shatag 0.1 26.08.2010 shatag-add(1)