Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Post 302763941 by DGPickett on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 05:24:48 PM
Old 01-30-2013
It looks like it is substituting 'false' (returns an error every time and does nothing) for the archiving command 'ar' that builds .a files from .o files:
Code:
false cru .libs/libnetsnmp.a snmp_client.o mib.o parse.o snmp_api.o snmp.o snmp_auth.o asn1.o md5.o snmp_parse_args.o system.o vacm.o int64.o read_config.o pkcs.o snmp_debug.o \
 tools.o snmp_logging.o text_utils.o snmpv3.o lcd_time.o keytools.o file_utils.o scapi.o callback.o default_store.o snmp_alarm.o data_list.o oid_stash.o fd_event_manager.o mt_support.o \
 snmp_enum.o snmp-tc.o snmp_service.o snprintf.o strlcpy.o strtol.o strtoul.o strtok_r.o snmp_transport.o snmpUDPDomain.o snmpTCPDomain.o snmpUnixDomain.o snmpCallbackDomain.o \
 snmp_secmod.o snmpusm.o snmp_version.o check_varbind.o container.o container_binary_array.o container_null.o container_list_ssll.o container_iterator.o cmu_compat.o ucd_compat.o
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libnetsnmp.la'

Not sure where the la comes in.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8

Hi there, I know this is a common question, but I have not found a satsifactory solution yet, so pardon me for posting similar questions. My problem is the log /var/adm/messages is filling up with this entry every few minutes Please refer below. Oct 4 21:39:46 host last message repeated 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10

I'm unable to see any traps being sent from my Solaris 10 server using Net-snmp 5.4.2 Here is my snmp conf file. Please let me know if there are any syntax issues you might notice. cat /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf ########################################################################### # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Error make net-Snmp 5.5

Configuration of net-Snmp 5.5 :) --------------------------------------------------------- Net-SNMP configuration summary: --------------------------------------------------------- SNMP Versions Supported: 1 2c 3 Building for: solaris2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samirsidi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularily useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix 4.2 Berkeley Distribution 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)