Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concatenate list of ID's? Post 302763929 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 04:59:29 PM
Old 01-30-2013
The format of your list of id's differs from your input specification..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to concatenate all files.

Hi, I'm totally new to Unix. I'm an MVS mainframer but ran into a situation where a Unix server I have available will help me. I want to be able to remotely connect to another server using FTP, login and MGET all files from it's root or home directory, logout, then login as a different user and do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s80bob
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate Strings

Hi Friends, I have a requirement I need to concatenate the below two strings. String 1 = /@jobid_at_ String 2 = value stored in ORACLE_SID String 3 = string1 concatenated with String 2. Please let me know how should i do it in UNIX. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenate strings

if i use echo "ravi" echo "sankar" it showing output ravi sankar but i want output as ravi sankar remember sankar should be in another echo statement only (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files

Hi, I want to create a batch(bash) file to combine 23 files together. These files have the same extension. I want the final file is save to a given folder. Once it is done it will delete the 23 files. Thanks for help. Need script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
6 Replies

5. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate variables

I need to know how to concatenate variables in Debian. I am making a interactive script where it ask the user for info to add a user I pull the first letter from the first middle and last name into individual variables now i want to put them all in one variable so i can put it into useradd command ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HackerSeabass
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files

I have a file named "file1" which has the following data 10000 20000 30000 And I have a file named "file2" which has the following data ABC DEF XYZ My output should be 10000ABC 20000DEF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate strings

Hi,I'm trying to concatenate @example.com to each line of a file f1.txt. and push it into f2.txt. Here is the code i'm using. for i in `cat /home/linux1/xxxxxxx/f1.txt`; do echo ${i}@example.com > /home/linux1/xxxxxx/f2.txt; done But above code only printing @example.com in f2.txt. what... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate three lines into one

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am attempting to parse an Audit Log from Cognos/TM1, selecting only Event IDs of "client" which are found on the "start-tag" record. These Logs are in a pseudo-XML format but not a true XML format. I want to FTP an Audit Log File from the Cognos server to our UNIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredAtArrow
7 Replies
fspec(4)							   File Formats 							  fspec(4)

NAME
fspec - format specification in text files DESCRIPTION
It is sometimes convenient to maintain text files on the system with non-standard tabs, (tabs that are not set at every eighth column). Such files must generally be converted to a standard format, frequently by replacing all tabs with the appropriate number of spaces, before they can be processed by system commands. A format specification occurring in the first line of a text file specifies how tabs are to be expanded in the remainder of the file. A format specification consists of a sequence of parameters separated by blanks and surrounded by the brackets <: and :>. Each parameter consists of a keyletter, possibly followed immediately by a value. The following parameters are recognized: ttabs The t parameter specifies the tab settings for the file. The value of tabs must be one of the following: o A list of column numbers separated by commas, indicating tabs set at the specified columns. o A '-' followed immediately by an integer n, indicating tabs at intervals of n columns. o A '-' followed by the name of a ``canned'' tab specification. Standard tabs are specified by t-8, or equivalently, t1,9,17,25, etc. The canned tabs that are recognized are defined by the tabs(1) command. ssize The s parameter specifies a maximum line size. The value of size must be an integer. Size checking is performed after tabs have been expanded, but before the margin is prepended. mmargin The m parameter specifies a number of spaces to be prepended to each line. The value of margin must be an integer. d The d parameter takes no value. Its presence indicates that the line containing the format specification is to be deleted from the converted file. e The e parameter takes no value. Its presence indicates that the current format is to prevail only until another format specification is encountered in the file. Default values, which are assumed for parameters not supplied, are t-8 and m0. If the s parameter is not specified, no size checking is performed. If the first line of a file does not contain a format specification, the above defaults are assumed for the entire file. The following is an example of a line containing a format specification: * <:t5,10,15 s72:> * If a format specification can be disguised as a comment, it is not necessary to code the d parameter. SEE ALSO
ed(1), newform(1), tabs(1) SunOS 5.10 3 Jul 1990 fspec(4)