Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting a string from a line Post 302763827 by shamrock on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 01:22:41 PM
Old 01-30-2013
Code:
awk -F "<(/)?m:string>" '{print $2}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting from a string

How do I extract 5th to 10th characters of string as given below stored in a shell variable. "ab cd ef gh ij kl" How is cut to be used on this? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preetikate
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a line based on line number

i want to cut all the entries from the /etc/passwd file in which the uid is> 500 for this i was writing this ,m quiet new to all this.. scripting but on the 6th n 8th line ,, i hav to specify a line number .. to get the commnd working .. but i want to use variable i instead of that ,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a string

Hi All, I am writing a shell script for which I am stuck with an extraction part. I arrived till extraction of a path of file. Lets take an example. I now have a file which contains following one line: 2348/home/userid/mydir/any_num_dir/myfile.text Now I want to extract only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: start_shell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting String

I am trying to extract a hyperlink from a html document using awk. I have managed to output in the format... href="index.html"> where i would like it just to output index.html. Any ideas on how i would do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi , I have input file and i want to extract below strings <msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets <resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted <resMessage>Request time getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string matching a pattern from a line

Hi All, I am pretty new to pattern matching and extraction using shell scripting. Could anyone please help me in extracting the word matching a pattern from a line in bash. Input Sample (can vary between any of the 3 samples below): 1) Adaptec SCSI RAID 5445 2) Adaptec SCSI 5445S RAID 3)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jharish
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to add a new string at the end of line by searching a string on the same line?

Hi, I have a file which is an extract of jil codes of all autosys jobs in our server. Sample jil code: ************************** permission:gx,wx date_conditions:yes days_of_week:all start_times:"05:00" condition: notrunning(appDev#box#ProductLoad)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the part of string

I have a string: 2015-04-16 07:30:05,625000 +0900 xxxx.com I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time But it is not working. Can some1 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)