Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File check script fails for multiple files Post 302763767 by sumang24 on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 12:27:11 PM
Old 01-30-2013
Works like a charm.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
Redirect stderr to /dev/null like I suggested above:
Code:
if ls /tmp/file_checker/testing*.txt > /dev/null 2> /dev/null; then

Sorry to bother you again. I need to check 2 conditions to be true and it seems ls does not support -a "AND" operation verification

something like this:

Code:
VAR1="FOO"
if [ $ORACLE_SID = $VAR1 -a ls /tmp/file_checker/testing*.txt ] > /dev/null 2> /dev/null; then
echo "TEST21"
else echo "file does not exist"
fi

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file in multiple Directory in a script

hi, i want to write the script to list atleast one file inside that directory eg: /home/Log/amp01 /home/log/amp02 . . . /home/log/amp..N want to see atleast one file inside the /home/log/amp01 .... amp(N) if it not there.. need to give that no file exists inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 script or multiple scripts?? - check files, run jobs

Question for anyone that might be able to help: My objective is to eheck if a file (a source file) exists in a directory. If it does then, I'd like to call an application (Informatica ETL file...not necessary to know) to run a program which extracts data and loads it into multiple targets. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.sh script / Check for file in two directories then cat the files

Hi, Here is what i'm trying to do, -Check in two directories for a user inputed filename -Then cat all the version found of the file to the current screen I am a total nembie to programming, here what i have done so far.... #!/bin/bash #Check in /home/loonatic and /var/named/master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loonatic
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script fails to check file exists or not in remote node

Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist. expect { "$fname" { send_user "found\n" } Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script performs the right task but fails against check

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script checkFiles.sh that takes an arbitrary number of file paths from the command line and carries ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezraek
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file from multiple files is empty using awk

I am passing multiple files in awk & since one of the file is empty(say file3) so the same gets skipped & logic goes for toss. Need suggestion/help in checking and putting additional checks for the same awk -F, 'FNR==1 {++filecounter} filecounter==1 {KRL=$2;next} filecounter==2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need in for a script that should check for errors in multiple log file (approx 2500) and should mail

hello everyone, I am new to linux and got this deliverable to write a script that should check for error in multiple log file (count is approx 2500 log files on single server) and once error is found, it should mail that error My logic says: we can put all log files path/location in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik_CTS
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - Low-level formats a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [ -n ] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices, the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n No verify. This option will disable the verification that is performed after the format. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) Linux 0.99 1 February 1993 FDFORMAT(8)