Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add a word to Text file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add a word to Text file Post 302763707 by hoo on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 11:02:10 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Add a word to Text file

Hello,

I have a mysql text file. I want add a word to it. Thanks for help.

Sample text:

Code:
,'address','166 Warren Street, NY 12534'),(45215,26556,'phone','(518)811-4145'),(151426,15565,'listing_duration'
,'address','233 Tan Street, CA 15522'),(45215,26556,'phone','(518)811-4146'),(151426,15565,'listing_duration'

I want this format.

Code:
,'address','166 Warren Street, NY 12534 USA'),(45215,26556,'phone','(518)811-4145'),(151426,15565,'listing_duration'
,'address','233 Tan Street, CA 15522 USA'),(45215,26556,'phone','(518)811-4146'),(151426,15565,'listing_duration'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to substitute more than one word in a text file?

well i have this file here: <XML> <pregate xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <system_c>HPREGATE</system_c> <trans_c>HSPG</trans_c> <trans_dt>20060105161333</trans_dt> <user_id_m></user_id_m> <func_c>C</func_c> </pregate> </XML> i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash]Attempting to Merge text from one file into another file at the line directly under a word

Hello, This is my first post on the forums. So I want to start by thanking anyone who is kind enough to read this post and offer advise. I hope to be an active contributor now that I've found these forums. I have an issue that I figure would be a good first post.. I have 2 text files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efciem
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to add text before the first word on a line in a textfile.

How can i make a script to add text before the first word on a line in a textfile : Example: Old line: is my place New line: this is my place Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjanssen
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read the second word of a text file

Folks, how to read the second word of the first line from a text file. Text file does not have any delimiters in the line and has words at random locations. Basically the text file is a log and i want to capture a number that is in second position. Appreciate your help Venu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newb question about getting a word from a text file

Hi everyone. I am new to shell scripting and have been looking at quite a few web pages to try and figure this out, but to no avail. What I am trying to do is get a value from a text file that contains a paragraph of information.. Something similar too: Welcome to random script You are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elemenopee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a word from text file name

Hi i want to extract the word present before .txt in the text file. For example, Sample_ab_a.txt ----------> i need 'a' Sample_abc_b.txt -----------> i need 'b' Can anyone help me in getting the word extracted (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a word to Text file

Hello, I have a mysql text file. I want add word to it. Thanks for help. Sample sql file: ,'address','166 Warren Street, NY 12534'),(45215,26556,'phone','(518)811-4145'),(151426,15565,'listing_duration','address','122 Hom Street, NY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a word into a text file?

Hi, I have a text file with one line having few words separated by space and I need to insert another word on "n"th column/field so that previous word should shift right (to n+1st column). how can I do that? It seems we can do using awk but unable to figure out. Please advise, thanks! ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies
Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::Canvas::RichText - Rich text canvas item HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gnome2::Canvas::Item +----Gnome2::Canvas::RichText METHODS
textbuffer = $text->get_buffer $text->set_buffer ($buffer) o $buffer (Gtk2::TextBuffer) $text->copy_clipboard $text->cut_clipboard textiter = $text->get_iter_at_location ($x, $y) o $x (integer) o $y (integer) rectangle = $text->get_iter_location ($iter) o $iter (Gtk2::TextIter) $text->paste_clipboard PROPERTIES
'anchor' (Gtk2::AnchorType : default "north-west" : readable / writable) Anchor point for text 'cursor-blink' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Does the cursor blink in this rich text item? 'cursor-visible' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is the cursor visible in this rich text item? 'direction' (Gtk2::DirectionType : default "tab-backward" : readable / writable) Text direction 'editable' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is this rich text item editable? 'grow-height' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Should the text box height grow if the text does not fit? 'height' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Height for text box 'indent' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels for indentation 'justification' (Gtk2::Justification : default "left" : readable / writable) Justification mode 'left-margin' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels in the left margin 'pixels-above-lines' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put above lines 'pixels-below-lines' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put below lines 'pixels-inside-wrap' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels to put inside the wrap 'right-margin' (integer : default 0 : readable / writable) Number of pixels in the right margin 'text' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Text to display 'visible' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Is this rich text item visible? 'width' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Width for text box 'wrap-mode' (Gtk2::WrapMode : default "word" : readable / writable) Wrap mode for multiline text 'x' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) X position 'y' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) Y position SIGNALS
tag-changed (Gnome2::Canvas::RichText, Glib::Object) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::AnchorType o 'center' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_CENTER' o 'north' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH' o 'north-west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH_WEST' o 'north-east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NORTH_EAST' o 'south' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH' o 'south-west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH_WEST' o 'south-east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SOUTH_EAST' o 'west' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_WEST' o 'east' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_EAST' o 'n' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_N' o 'nw' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NW' o 'ne' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_NE' o 's' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_S' o 'sw' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SW' o 'se' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_SE' o 'w' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_W' o 'e' / 'GTK_ANCHOR_E' enum Gtk2::DirectionType o 'tab-forward' / 'GTK_DIR_TAB_FORWARD' o 'tab-backward' / 'GTK_DIR_TAB_BACKWARD' o 'up' / 'GTK_DIR_UP' o 'down' / 'GTK_DIR_DOWN' o 'left' / 'GTK_DIR_LEFT' o 'right' / 'GTK_DIR_RIGHT' enum Gtk2::Justification o 'left' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_LEFT' o 'right' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_RIGHT' o 'center' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_CENTER' o 'fill' / 'GTK_JUSTIFY_FILL' enum Gtk2::WrapMode o 'none' / 'GTK_WRAP_NONE' o 'char' / 'GTK_WRAP_CHAR' o 'word' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD' o 'word-char' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD_CHAR' SEE ALSO
Gnome2::Canvas, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object, Gnome2::Canvas::Item COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by the Gtk2-Perl Team. This software is licensed under the LGPL; see Gnome2::Canvas for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gnome2::Canvas::RichText(3pm)