Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Extract a pattern using sed or cut Post 302763703 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 10:57:37 AM
Old 01-30-2013
extract? Just delete the quotes:
Code:
tr -d \' < file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help! Sed extract a pattern

I am trying to extract "securitySettings" out of line: <a ref ="http://localhost:5654/securitySettings"> using sed as follows: name = `grep "localhost" file.html | sed -n 's/.**\/\(.*)/\">/\1/p'` But it didn't run, seems have some syntax error. Do anybody knows why? Thank you very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhen
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a string after a pattern using sed

I have a very large file and each line has a pattern and it is not position specific. I need to extract the string after the pattern ****MI* is the pattern in the red color 12 digit number is the sting value in the green color and it ends with ~ e.g. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunaah
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] remove pattern with sed

Hi, i want to remove a certain pattern when i type pwd. pwd will look like this: ..../....../....../Pat_logs/..../....../...../...... the dotted lines are just random directory names, i want it to remove the "Pat_logs/...../....../....../" part so for example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] deleting pattern based lines in sed

HI, My input file contains below data: DFHDR 12345110 1,200 2,-100 1,100 2,123 12345110 1,300 2,200 DFTLR In the above data, the first line and last lines should be remove as well as the lines in which contains 110 as position(6,7,8 position) should also be removed, How we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk, cut, to extract specific data from line

Hi guys, I have been trying to do this, but... no luck so maybe you can help me. I have a line like this: Total Handled, Received, on queue Input Mgs: 140 / 14 => 0 I need to, get the number after the / until the =, to get only 14 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)