Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Extract a pattern using sed or cut Post 302763701 by mukulverma2408 on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 10:51:27 AM
Old 01-30-2013
[Solved] Extract a pattern using sed or cut

Hi,
Need help to extract a pattern using sed or cut or any other means.

Input
Code:
'name1',1234567890
'name2',2222222222
'name3',3333333333

Expected output
Code:
name1,1234567890
name2,2222222222
name3,3333333333

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help! Sed extract a pattern

I am trying to extract "securitySettings" out of line: <a ref ="http://localhost:5654/securitySettings"> using sed as follows: name = `grep "localhost" file.html | sed -n 's/.**\/\(.*)/\">/\1/p'` But it didn't run, seems have some syntax error. Do anybody knows why? Thank you very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhen
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a string after a pattern using sed

I have a very large file and each line has a pattern and it is not position specific. I need to extract the string after the pattern ****MI* is the pattern in the red color 12 digit number is the sting value in the green color and it ends with ~ e.g. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunaah
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] remove pattern with sed

Hi, i want to remove a certain pattern when i type pwd. pwd will look like this: ..../....../....../Pat_logs/..../....../...../...... the dotted lines are just random directory names, i want it to remove the "Pat_logs/...../....../....../" part so for example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] deleting pattern based lines in sed

HI, My input file contains below data: DFHDR 12345110 1,200 2,-100 1,100 2,123 12345110 1,300 2,200 DFTLR In the above data, the first line and last lines should be remove as well as the lines in which contains 110 as position(6,7,8 position) should also be removed, How we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk, cut, to extract specific data from line

Hi guys, I have been trying to do this, but... no luck so maybe you can help me. I have a line like this: Total Handled, Received, on queue Input Mgs: 140 / 14 => 0 I need to, get the number after the / until the =, to get only 14 . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
net_protocol_notify_register(9F)			   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			  net_protocol_notify_register(9F)

NAME
net_protocol_notify_register, net_instance_protocol_unregister - add/delete a function to be called for changes to a protocol SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hook.h> #include <sys/neti.h> int net_protocol_notify_register(net_handle_t family, hook_notify_fn_t *callback, void *arg); int net_protocol_notify_unregister(net_handle_t family, hook_notify_fn_t *callback); typedef int (* hook_notify_fn_t)(hook_notify_cmd_t command, void *arg, const char *name1, const char *name2, const char *name3); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
family value returned from net_protocol_lookup(). callback function to call when a change occurs. arg pointer to pass into the callback() function when a change occurs. DESCRIPTION
The net_protocol_notify_register() function registers a function represented by the pointer callback to be called when there is a change to the protocol represented by family. The types of changes for which notifications are available for is currently limited to the addition and removal of protocols. The net_protocol_notify_unregister() function removes the function specified by the pointer callback from the list of functions to call. This call may fail if the specified function cannot be found. Multiple callback functions may be registered through this interface. The same set of parameters is passed to each callback function. The memory referenced through the pointers passed to the callback should be treated as pointing to read-only memory. Changing this data is strictly prohibited. The function that is called must not block any other protocols. The arguments passed through to the callback are as follows (the command is either HN_REGISTER or HN_UNREGISTER): name1 is the name of the protocol name2 is NULL. name3 is the name of the protocol being added/removed RETURN VALUES
If these functions succeed, 0 is returned. Otherwise, the following error is returned: EEXIST the given callback function is already registered. CONTEXT
These functions may be called from user or kernel context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), net_protocol_lookup(9F) SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2008 net_protocol_notify_register(9F)