Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substring from the file name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substring from the file name Post 302763661 by Yoda on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 09:43:16 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Create a file with list of file names to be loaded, use SQL loader to load them to Oracle DB.

Verify the result of load operation, if successful then run below bash script to perform the move:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
while read filename
do
        fname=${filename##*_}
        dir=${fname:0:8}
        echo mkdir -p "$dir"
        echo mv "$filename" "${dir}/"
done < file.list

Note: Remove the highlighted echo if the output looks good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a substring from another file

I have two files: One is a list of numbers: 1 5 6 7 10 The second is a very long string abcdefghijklmno......1234567890 I'd like to print a new file with a 5 character substring that starts at each the positions listed in the 1st file: such as: abcde (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substring from a file name

hi i need to name a file with a substring of a another file name. i.e. if the old filename is abc.txt , the new filename should be abc_1.txt i should get the substring of the file name and then name the new one please let me know how to do it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on substring of file list

Hi, I have a folder list as below, I want to write a script to return a list like: CASTLE_BU_20080801 CAUSEWAY_BU_20080801 HUNGHOM_BU_20080801 : : Can anyone help? Thanks! Victor Cheung List of the folder: # ls CASTLE_BU_20080801.DMP OFFICE_MY1_BU_20080801.DMP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I pull a substring out of a file?

I'm new to shell scripting and am trying to write a small script that pulls a substring out of a file that has a few lines of text in it. The file will eventually have a lot of text, I just put a few lines in it for testing purposes. Anyway, this is what I have so far... #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get value of substring from a file

Hi, I have a file with a long string, in the format: name1=value,name2=value2.....namen=valuen I want to query the file and extract 'value2' ONLY. name2=value2 can exist anywhere within the file. Can anyone help me please wth a suitable BASH command? Many thanks, Matt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjwoodford
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Substring from file name.

Hi, In my shell script. I am reading all files in directory. And say if the file names are as follows: adio_idfl_201302_df.txt dfa_201301_dll.ctl dalkd_20130301.csv I would like to extract the numeric piece of each file name and display as follows: 201302 201301 20130301 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract substring in a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. Could anoyone help me please? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring from a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. From position 5, 2 caracters (ex:"BB") and from position 25, 2 caracters (ex:"FF") in a file. Could anoyone help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match substring from a column of the second file

I want to merge the lines by matching substring of the first file with first column of the second file. file1: S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R2.fq.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
kdcsetup(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       kdcsetup(1)

NAME
kdcsetup -- Kerberos -- Open Directory Single Sign On SYNOPSIS
kdcsetup [-v debug_level] [-a admin_name] [-p password] REALM DESCRIPTION
kdcsetup is a tool for configuring an Apple Open Directory KDC. It creates the needed Kerberos files and data for an Open Director master. -v debug_level Controls the amount of output generated by kdcsetup. 0 prints errors and very basic information. 1 prints generatal status information. Higher levels may add progressively more detail. -a admin_name Name of a directory administrator authorized to make changes in Open Directory. This admin will be used as the administrator in the KDC database. Required parameter. Note: this is not a principal name. -p password The password for the above admin. Required parameter. REALM The name of the realm that this KDC serves. Required parameter. FILES
/var/db/krb5kdc/ directory where all the config & database files for the KDC are stored /var/log/krb5kdc/ directory where the log files from the KDC are written NOTES
kdcsetup is automatically run when creating an Open Directory Master. It should NEVER be run manually and will likely be deprecated in the future. SEE ALSO
kadmind(8), kdc(8), kerberos(8), krbservicesetup(8), opendirectoryd(8), sso_util(8) Darwin June 2, 2019 Darwin