Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting file name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting file name Post 302763499 by ningy on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 05:33:09 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Code:
awk -F"/" '{OFS="/";$NF="";print}' gara

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the contents of a file without deleting the file

Hi All, I want to delete the contents of few files which are really huge in size. How the same can be done by using sed. Is there any other alternative to sed. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines inside a file without opening the file

Hi, Just consider there are around 10 lines in a file. Now is it possible to delete the first 2 lines in the file without opening the file. No matter whatever the content of the file is, I just wanna delete the first 2 lines without opening the file. Is that possible? If so, please help me out.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help deleting a file

Hi and apologies but I'm normally a windows and network admin but atm I'm looking after a unix system while the admin is on holiday. I was assured everything would be fine but he's only been gone for 2 days and already webmail has stopped working! It suggests that there is no space left: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirtee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for a file in file pattern before deleting it

Hi, I need a script where I have delete all the files of type abc*.* from the directory /lmn/opq (passed as parameter to script) But I need to check if there is file of type abc*.* existing in the directory or not before I use the rm abc*.* command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the Last value from a file

How do i use SED command to replace the last existance of ',' with a blank value OR CUT can also do?? Eg --> aaa,aaad,fsdfde, I want to replace it with aaa,aaad,fsdfde Thanks in Advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theeights
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines of a file if they exist in another file

I have a reference file that needs to remain static and another file that may or may not have duplicate rows that match the reference file. I need help with a command that will delete any duplicate rows from the second file while leaving reference file intact For example reference file would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete a* file with out deleting file name starting with a?

Hi, I have a query: I have a bunch of files starting letter with 'a' (example: abhi,all,anand,animal,a1.txt,allow.java,a*) here i want to delete/remove only a* folder but not other files and folders. and a* folder is present in so many other folders. what is unix command to delete... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajanikanth86
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies
Texi2roff(1)						      General Commands Manual						      Texi2roff(1)

NAME
texi2roff, texi2index - convert Texinfo documents for formatting by troff. SYNOPSIS
texi2roff [ -me -mm -ms ] [ -iIt ] [ file ... ] texi2index [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Texi2roff translates the named files from the Texinfo macro language for TeX to the language accepted by troff(1). Files are read and pro- cessed in order. If no file is given or if the file is - texi2roff reads the standard input. Texi2index generates indices for documents translated by texi2roff. OPTIONS
Texi2roff -me -mm -ms format the output for use with the troff macro package named. -i translate Texinfo index commands into troff index commands. troff will then emit index entries onto the standard error output. You may capture this output and use texi2index(1) and troff to prepare indices from it. -I include Texinfo ``Info file'' menu and node contents and @ifinfo text in the output. This material does not appear in a Texinfo document formatted by TeX, but may contain interesting information or be useful when searching a machine-readable document. -t (transparent) print text affected by otherwise discarded commands, for people who are afraid of missing something. For best results use -It. EXAMPLES
Translate doc.texinfo using the Bourne shell sh(1). Format with troff and -ms, placing the formatted output in doc, index entries in index, and the formatted index in doc.index. $ texi2roff -i -ms doc.texinfo | troff -ms > doc 2> index $ texi2index index | troff -ms >doc.index As above, but use the C shell csh(1), nroff with -me, and transparent mode: % (texi2roff -iIt -me doc.texinfo | nroff -me > doc ) >& index % texi2index index | nroff -me >doc.index DIAGNOSTICS
Errors are reported giving file name and line number. AUTHOR
Beverly Erlebacher (erlebach@cs.toronto.edu). BUGS
f(CW is used to change to constant-width (typewriter-like) font. If this is not the standard at your site, run your texi2roff output through sed(1) or edit texi2roff's translation tables. There are a number of differences in formatting details compared to Texinfo. Indentation is occasionally imperfect. @def commands do not generate index entries. Although Texinfo provides for a @contents and @summarycontents Table of Contents, if both are specified only the first one will appear if -ms is used. To prevent loss of detail, texi2roff generates the same Table of Contents for both commands. The -mm macro package regards keeps as a type of display. This can cause troff to abort in the case of a keep nested in a display or vice versa. Either use a different macro package or remove a pair of Texinfo commands to eliminate nesting. Usually the @group...@end group is the best to remove. 3rd Berkeley Distribution 1 Jan 90 Texi2roff(1)