Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting file name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting file name Post 302763497 by zazzybob on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 05:28:43 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Code:
$ sed 's!^\(.*\)/[^/]*$!\1/!' gogok.txt 
/media/gogo/6651-FEAB/Desktop/
/media/gogo/6651-FEAB/
/media/gogo/6651-FEAB/linux/
/media/gogo/6651-FEAB/eks/HDD.Regenerator.2011-RES/INFOS/

This User Gave Thanks to zazzybob For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the contents of a file without deleting the file

Hi All, I want to delete the contents of few files which are really huge in size. How the same can be done by using sed. Is there any other alternative to sed. Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines inside a file without opening the file

Hi, Just consider there are around 10 lines in a file. Now is it possible to delete the first 2 lines in the file without opening the file. No matter whatever the content of the file is, I just wanna delete the first 2 lines without opening the file. Is that possible? If so, please help me out.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help deleting a file

Hi and apologies but I'm normally a windows and network admin but atm I'm looking after a unix system while the admin is on holiday. I was assured everything would be fine but he's only been gone for 2 days and already webmail has stopped working! It suggests that there is no space left: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirtee
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for a file in file pattern before deleting it

Hi, I need a script where I have delete all the files of type abc*.* from the directory /lmn/opq (passed as parameter to script) But I need to check if there is file of type abc*.* existing in the directory or not before I use the rm abc*.* command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the Last value from a file

How do i use SED command to replace the last existance of ',' with a blank value OR CUT can also do?? Eg --> aaa,aaad,fsdfde, I want to replace it with aaa,aaad,fsdfde Thanks in Advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theeights
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines of a file if they exist in another file

I have a reference file that needs to remain static and another file that may or may not have duplicate rows that match the reference file. I need help with a command that will delete any duplicate rows from the second file while leaving reference file intact For example reference file would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete a* file with out deleting file name starting with a?

Hi, I have a query: I have a bunch of files starting letter with 'a' (example: abhi,all,anand,animal,a1.txt,allow.java,a*) here i want to delete/remove only a* folder but not other files and folders. and a* folder is present in so many other folders. what is unix command to delete... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajanikanth86
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies
removable-media(9P)                                        Kernel Properties for Drivers                                       removable-media(9P)

NAME
removable-media - removable media device property DESCRIPTION
A device that supports removable media--such as CDROM, JAZZ, and ZIP drives--and that supports power management and expects automatic mounting of the device via the volume manager should export the boolean (zero length) property removable-media. This property enables the system to make the power state of the device dependent on the power state of the frame buffer and monitor. See the power.conf(4) discussion of the device-dependency-property entry for more information. Devices that behave like removable devices (such as PC ATA cards, where the controller and media both are removed at the same time) should also export this property. EXAMPLES
Example 1: removable-media Entry An example of a removable-media entry from the .conf file of a driver is shown below. # This entry keeps removable media from being powered down unless # the console framebuffer and monitor are powered down # removable-media=1; Example 2: Implementation in attach() Below is an example of how the entry above would be implemented in the attach(9E) function of the driver. xxattach(dev_info_t *dip, ddi_attach_cmd_t cmd) { ... if (ddi_prop_create(DDI_DEV_T_NONE, dip, DDI_PROP_CANSLEEP, "removable-media", NULL, 0)) != DDI_PROP_SUCCESS) goto failed; ... } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), ddi_prop_create(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 2001 removable-media(9P)