Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substring from the file name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substring from the file name Post 302763495 by cnrj on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 05:28:13 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Substring from the file name

Hi

I need substring from the file name of list of files. I mean i will have to load all the files into database which are there in the Directory.

I need to make the directory with the date(which is substring of the filename Eg: Filename_Name_2012013001010101.txt, So the directory should be 20120130).

I need to load this file into oracle and need to move the file into above created directory.

It should happend till all files are loaded into database. Could someone give the ideas?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a substring from another file

I have two files: One is a list of numbers: 1 5 6 7 10 The second is a very long string abcdefghijklmno......1234567890 I'd like to print a new file with a 5 character substring that starts at each the positions listed in the 1st file: such as: abcde (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substring from a file name

hi i need to name a file with a substring of a another file name. i.e. if the old filename is abc.txt , the new filename should be abc_1.txt i should get the substring of the file name and then name the new one please let me know how to do it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on substring of file list

Hi, I have a folder list as below, I want to write a script to return a list like: CASTLE_BU_20080801 CAUSEWAY_BU_20080801 HUNGHOM_BU_20080801 : : Can anyone help? Thanks! Victor Cheung List of the folder: # ls CASTLE_BU_20080801.DMP OFFICE_MY1_BU_20080801.DMP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I pull a substring out of a file?

I'm new to shell scripting and am trying to write a small script that pulls a substring out of a file that has a few lines of text in it. The file will eventually have a lot of text, I just put a few lines in it for testing purposes. Anyway, this is what I have so far... #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get value of substring from a file

Hi, I have a file with a long string, in the format: name1=value,name2=value2.....namen=valuen I want to query the file and extract 'value2' ONLY. name2=value2 can exist anywhere within the file. Can anyone help me please wth a suitable BASH command? Many thanks, Matt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjwoodford
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Substring from file name.

Hi, In my shell script. I am reading all files in directory. And say if the file names are as follows: adio_idfl_201302_df.txt dfa_201301_dll.ctl dalkd_20130301.csv I would like to extract the numeric piece of each file name and display as follows: 201302 201301 20130301 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract substring in a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. Could anoyone help me please? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring from a file

Hello, A question please. A have a file that contains a string. Ex: AAAABBCCCCCDDEEEEEEEEEEFF I'd want to recover 2 substrings, 'BB' and 'FF' and then leave them in a new file. From position 5, 2 caracters (ex:"BB") and from position 25, 2 caracters (ex:"FF") in a file. Could anoyone help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match substring from a column of the second file

I want to merge the lines by matching substring of the first file with first column of the second file. file1: S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739A_ACAGTG_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739B_GCCAAT_L001_R2.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R1.fq.gz S00739D_GTGAAA_L001_R2.fq.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)