Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Post 302763421 by ziosnim on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 03:28:58 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all,

Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Environment
- Solaris 5.10-x86
- Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz
- Path (/etc/profile)

Code:
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Error01 - summary
Code:
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libnetsnmp.la'
Current working directory /opt/download/net-snmp/snmplib
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
if test "snmplib  agent apps man local mibs" != ""; then \
        it="snmplib  agent apps man local mibs" ; \
        for i in $it ; do \
                echo "making all in `pwd`/$i"; \
                ( cd $i ; /usr/ccs/bin/make ) ; \
                if test $? != 0 ; then \
                        exit 1 ; \
                fi  \
        done \
fi
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
#

Error02 - summary
Code:
make[1]: *** [libnetsnmp.la] error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/download/net-snmp/snmplib'
make: *** [subdirs] error 1
#

Please refer to the attached error files.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Scott; 01-30-2013 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags
ziosnim

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8

Hi there, I know this is a common question, but I have not found a satsifactory solution yet, so pardon me for posting similar questions. My problem is the log /var/adm/messages is filling up with this entry every few minutes Please refer below. Oct 4 21:39:46 host last message repeated 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10

I'm unable to see any traps being sent from my Solaris 10 server using Net-snmp 5.4.2 Here is my snmp conf file. Please let me know if there are any syntax issues you might notice. cat /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf ########################################################################### # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Error make net-Snmp 5.5

Configuration of net-Snmp 5.5 :) --------------------------------------------------------- Net-SNMP configuration summary: --------------------------------------------------------- SNMP Versions Supported: 1 2c 3 Building for: solaris2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samirsidi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies
lint(1B)                                             SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                             lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)