Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trouble logging in
Operating Systems Solaris Trouble logging in Post 302763271 by neutronscott on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 07:54:03 PM
Old 01-29-2013
I don't have access to Solaris, but I'll try to help anyway --

Likely /etc/login.defs or your PAM setup, if Solaris uses either of these.

if you grep for "pam_unix.so" in /etc/pam.d or a /etc/pam.conf, it should have sha512 for the newer password to work.

from a debian/linux machine:
Code:
password        [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so obscure sha512

This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

trouble

Hello, The system reboots in single user mode what command to use to bring the system up regularly?? I get INIT: cannot create /var/adm/utmpx Type control -d to proceede with a normal startup or give root passwd for system maintaince. either way i don't have a change and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: awk
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The trouble about SU ...

Hi all, having read lots of posts about SU I don't quiet understand this : I'm doing regular backups of my database (u betta do) and therefore use su - username -c "sqlscript special data_base" in a unixscript which is even using cron. (yep!) Now I need some other script, still with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Trouble with tr

I'm not sure where to post this but it's happening on a SunOS 5.8 server so I'll try here. I've discovered some unexpected behavior when using tr. For example: echo a | tr Z echo b | tr a echo a | tr B echo a | tr B echo a | tr A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike@Work
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X trouble

Hi there, I'm new to unix-environments. I'm richard, and i'm mostly a web-developer, under php. I've done work in unix env before, but never had my own. Today, I've got debian 3.1 r4 from the official site, and i've attempted to install it twice. I installed it initially as "Desktop... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izua
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Having a bit of trouble logging in.

It allowed me on, to change my password, but when I log out and log back in, it complains that it can't display the webpage. This happens in both Firefox and IE. I am puzzled. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billshaw
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble logging in with username and password

I have a RHEL 5 server that I can log into with an LDAP account hosted on a server running Sun DSEE 6.3 with an ssh key pair but not with my username and password. When I try to login to the console I am given the "login incorrect" message as if I fat fingered my password. Other users with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
PAM_LOGINUID(8) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_LOGINUID(8)

NAME
pam_loginuid - Record user's login uid to the process attribute SYNOPSIS
pam_loginuid.so [require_auditd] DESCRIPTION
The pam_loginuid module sets the loginuid process attribute for the process that was authenticated. This is necessary for applications to be correctly audited. This PAM module should only be used for entry point applications like: login, sshd, gdm, vsftpd, crond and atd. There are probably other entry point applications besides these. You should not use it for applications like sudo or su as that defeats the purpose by changing the loginuid to the account they just switched to. OPTIONS
require_auditd This option, when given, will cause this module to query the audit daemon status and deny logins if it is not running. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SESSION_ERR An error occurred during session management. EXAMPLES
#%PAM-1.0 auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session required pam_loginuid.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7), auditctl(8), auditd(8) AUTHOR
pam_loginuid was written by Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com> Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_LOGINUID(8)