Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM Post 302763153 by GP81 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:38:11 PM
Old 01-29-2013
I don't understand. If you don't configure ip-shared explicity, then zone is ip-exclusive by default.
So, you must now:
-remove address and router config from the previous example,
-boot zone,
-login to zone on console
Code:
root@server1 # zonecfg -z testzone
zonecfg:testzone> remove anet linkname=net0
zonecfg:testzone> add net
zonecfg:testzone:net> set physical=net1
zonecfg:testzone:net> end
zonecfg:testzone> verify
zonecfg:testzone> commit
zonecfg:testzone> exit
root@server1 # zoneadm -z testzone boot; zlogin -C testzone

After configuring zone:
-zlogin as normal user
-su to root
-configure dhcp
Code:
root@testzone # ipadm create-ip net0
root@testzone # ipadm create-addr -T dhcp net0

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk expansion on LDOM Guest

Hi, There is LDOM Guest where I need to expand /u02 file systems on it. It is residing on a Solaris 11 Hypervisor (Primary Domain). The storage is expanded on vdisk presented to Hypervisor. I need steps to expand the /u02 on LDOM Guest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidya_sagar2003
2 Replies

5. Solaris

T4 replaced motherboard - recovering LDOM config?

T4-2 issues meant replacing motherboard. I thought the ldom config was automatically saved? Got the oracle document here. At the moment, unable to get ldoms back - here is the output from a few commands:- ldm list NAME STATE FLAGS CONS VCPU MEMORY UTIL UPTIME... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Login slowness from LDOM to ZONE

Need assitance in troubleshooting steps . Below is the issue I have LDOM which has 4 zones on it . One zone logging into the server takes 13sec where as other zones are quick . Troubleshooting steps which I did - Checked /var/tmp . Not many files - We have LDAP but thought that wouldnt be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
guestfs-testing(1)					      Virtualization Support						guestfs-testing(1)

NAME
guestfs-testing - manual testing of libguestfs, you can help! DESCRIPTION
This page has manual tests you can try on libguestfs. Everyone has a slightly different combination of platform, hardware and guests, so this testing is very valuable. Thanks for helping out! These tests require libguestfs >= 1.14. Tests marked with a * (asterisk) can destroy data if you're not careful. The others are safe and won't modify anything. You can report bugs you find through this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools or post on the mailing list (registration is not required, but if you're not registered then you'll have to wait for a moderator to manually approve your message): https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/libguestfs TESTS
Check KVM acceleration is being used. If your host has hardware virt acceleration, then with a hot cache libguestfs should be able to start up in a few seconds. Run the following command a few times: time guestfish -a /dev/null run After a few runs, the time should settle down to a few seconds (under 5 seconds on fast 64 bit hardware). How to check for hardware virt: http://virt-tools.org/learning/check-hardware-virt/ If the command above does not work at all, use libguestfs-test-tool(1). Run virt-alignment-scan on all your guests. Run virt-alignment-scan(1) on guests or disk images: virt-alignment-scan -a /path/to/disk.img or: virt-alignment-scan -d Guest Does the alignment report match how the guest partitions are aligned? Run virt-cat on some files in guests. virt-cat(1) can display files from guests. For a Linux guest, try: virt-cat LinuxGuest /etc/passwd A recent feature is support for Windows paths, for example: virt-cat WindowsGuest 'c:windowswin.ini' An even better test is if you have a Windows guest with multiple drives. Do "D:", "E:" etc paths work correctly? * Copy some files into a shut off guest. virt-copy-in(1) can recursively copy files and directories into a guest or disk image. virt-copy-in -d Guest /etc /tmp This should copy local directory "/etc" to "/tmp/etc" in the guest (recursively). If you boot the guest, can you see all of the copied files and directories? Shut the guest down and try copying multiple files and directories: virt-copy-in -d Guest /home /etc/issue /tmp Copy some files out of a guest. virt-copy-out(1) can recursively copy files and directories out of a guest or disk image. virt-copy-out -d Guest /home . Note the final space and period in the command is not a typo. This should copy "/home" from the guest into the current directory. Run virt-df. virt-df(1) lists disk space. Run: virt-df You can try comparing this to the results from df(1) inside the guest, but there are some provisos: o The guest must be idle. o The guest disks must be synched using sync(1). o Any action such as booting the guest will write log files causing the numbers to change. We don't guarantee that the numbers will be identical even under these circumstances. They should be similar. It would indicate a bug if you saw greatly differing numbers. Try importing virt-df CSV output into a spreadsheet or database. Run: virt-df --csv > /tmp/report.csv Now try to load this into your favorite spreadsheet or database. Are the results reproduced faithfully in the spreadsheet/database? http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-copy.html http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-data.html * Edit a file in a shut off guest. virt-edit(1) can edit files in guests. Try this command on a RHEL or Fedora guest: virt-edit LinuxGuest /etc/sysconfig/network On other Linux guests try editing other files such as: virt-edit LinuxGuest /etc/motd Are the changes seen inside the guest when it is booted? Display the filesystems / partitions / LVs in a guest. virt-filesystems(1) can be used to display filesystems in a guest. Try this command on any disk image or guest: virt-filesystems -a /path/to/disk.img --all --long -h or: virt-filesystems -d Guest --all --long -h Do the results match what is seen in the guest? Run virt-inspector on all your guests. Use virt-inspector(1) to get a report on all of your guests or disk images: virt-inspector -a /path/to/disk.img | less or: virt-inspector -d Guest | less Do the results match what is actually in the guest? Try the auditing features of virt-ls on all your guests. List all setuid or setgid programs in a Linux virtual machine: virt-ls -lR -d Guest / | grep '^- [42]' List all public-writable directories in a Linux virtual machine: virt-ls -lR -d Guest / | grep '^d ...7' List all Unix domain sockets in a Linux virtual machine: virt-ls -lR -d Guest / | grep '^s' List all regular files with filenames ending in '.png': virt-ls -lR -d Guest / | grep -i '^-.*.png$' Display files larger than 10MB in home directories: virt-ls -lR -d Guest /home | awk '$3 > 10*1024*1024' Find everything modified in the last 7 days: virt-ls -lR -d Guest --time-days / | awk '$6 <= 7' Find regular files modified in the last 24 hours: virt-ls -lR -d Guest --time-days / | grep '^-' | awk '$6 < 1' Do the results match what is in the guest? Create a disk image from a tarball. Use virt-make-fs(1) to create a disk image from any tarball that you happen to have: virt-make-fs --partition=mbr --type=vfat /any/tarball.tar.gz output.img Add 'output.img' as a raw disk to an existing guest. Check the guest can see the files. This test is particularly useful if you try it with a Windows guest. Try other partitioning schemes, eg. --partition=gpt. Try other filesystem formats, eg. --type=ntfs, --type=ext2. * Run virt-rescue on a shut off disk image or guest. Use virt-rescue(1) to examine, rescue or repair a shut off guest or disk image: virt-rescue -a /path/to/disk.img or: virt-rescue -d Guest Can you use ordinary shell commands to examine the guest? * Resize your guests. Use virt-resize(1) to give a guest some more disk space. For example, if you have a disk image that is smaller than 30G, increase it to 30G by doing: truncate -s 30G newdisk.img virt-filesystems -a /path/to/olddisk.img --all --long -h virt-resize /path/to/olddisk.img newdisk.img --expand /dev/sda1 qemu-kvm -m 1024 -hda newdisk.img Does the guest still boot? Try expanding other partitions. * Sparsify a guest disk. Using virt-sparsify(1), make a disk image more sparse: virt-sparsify /path/to/olddisk.img newdisk.img Is "newdisk.img" still bootable after sparsifying? Is the resulting disk image smaller (use "du" to check)? * "sysprep" a shut off Linux guest. Note that this really will mess up an existing guest, so it's better to clone the guest before trying this. virt-sysprep --hostname newhost.example.com -a /path/to/disk.img Was the sysprep successful? After booting, what changes were made and were they successful? Dump the Windows Registry from your Windows guests. Use virt-win-reg(1) to dump out the Windows Registry from any Windows guests that you have. virt-win-reg --unsafe-printable-strings WindowsGuest 'HKLMSoftware' | less virt-win-reg --unsafe-printable-strings WindowsGuest 'HKLMSystem' | less Does the output match running "regedit" inside the guest? A recent feature is the ability to dump user registries, so try this, replacing username with the name of a local user in the guest: virt-win-reg --unsafe-printable-strings WindowsGuest 'HKEY_USERSusername' | less SEE ALSO
guestfs(3), guestfish(1), guestfs-examples(3), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 guestfs-testing(1)