Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: V100 boot issue
Operating Systems Solaris V100 boot issue Post 302763081 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 01:25:06 PM
Old 01-29-2013
This looks like a faulty RAM issue. Take the lid off the box and see how many RAM modules are in there. Hopefully, there's more than one.

Look at them and see if they all look the same. Hopefully they are all the same.

Try re-seating them all to check for dirty contacts. If that doesn't fix it then remove them all and fit them one at a time and try poweron.

Try to get a known working condition and then progress one step at a time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up issue

Could somone please tell me what happened when I reboot my computer, it take too long to pass the part it said "starting sendmail" I only changed the server name and when I reboot the server, all of the services are running except when it got to : starting sendmail it take toooo long to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot issue

Hi All, 1st HDD is loaded with Windows 2000 Professional and I have installed Red Hat ES 3.0 on second HDD(80GB). After linux installation failed to load windows and boot stucks with displaying only L How to fix this issue Thanks in advance for your valuable answer. Regards, Bachegowda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

3. Solaris

PC memory on sunfire v100

i have a sunfire v100 machine with 256mb memory. Can i install a PC memory on sunfire v100? someone on irc told me that this is possible, by toggling jp7 which enables/disables pc133u/pc133. can someone please explain if this is true? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

hp-ux 10.20 boot issue

Hello, have HP Visualize C3600 workstation. Issue is as follows: When I attempt to boot, unit will not boot successfully and will halt at a menu, the same menu as when during a boot one hits any key within 10 seconds to discontinue. When I attempt to boot with Boot primary, both with IPL... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: davel1000
17 Replies

5. Solaris

boot-archive issue

I had logged into Server via ALOM and was placed into runlevel 5 other than 3 which is default. I did a svcadm delete boot-archive, and was promptly placed in runlevel 3. Now, I am unable to do a telnet or login into the server through any other service. bash-3.00# svcs -a svcs -a STATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Dual boot issue .....

Hi, I have a laptop with two os running in it, Windows XP & RHEL5. Accidentally, we have deleted the windows entry in grub.conf file. Later we connected the hard disk of laptop to another system & deleted the linux partitions from the disk management tool of windows. Now the issue is, the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Sunfire V100 commands help

My coworkers and I are trying to pull DNS settings off of an old Sunfire V100 server, We have the username and password but are unable to figure out the commands to access any of the needed information. Is there somewhere I could look in order to get the commands? Or does anyone know the series of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fhistleb
1 Replies

8. Solaris

sdlt320 v100 firmware

does anyone have solaris pkg 137481-02, could you email to me, it wont let me download it anymore. No (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan7225
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Boot parameter issue

Hi all i have an issue when i change auto-boot?=false and reboot it again it is going to auto-boot?=true can any one tell that what should i do for auto-boot?=false for permanently thank you in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
11 Replies

10. SCO

Issue during boot

Hi, I am using SCO OpenServer 5 During boot I get this message: PANIC: HTFS: Bad directory ino 2 (offset 0) on HTFS dev hd (1/42) Cannot dump 8095 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41): Space for only 0 pages Dump not completed How can I fix this? I have no boot/root floppy. If it is a "disk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubian_sundance
8 Replies
biodone(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					       biodone(9F)

NAME
biodone - release buffer after buffer I/O transfer and notify blocked threads SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/buf.h> void biodone(struct buf *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
bp Pointer to a buf(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
biodone() notifies blocked processes waiting for the I/O to complete, sets the B_DONE flag in the b_flags field of the buf(9S) structure, and releases the buffer if the I/O is asynchronous. biodone() is called by either the driver interrupt or strategy(9E) routines when a buf- fer I/O request is complete. biodone() provides the capability to call a completion routine if bp describes a kernel buffer. The address of the routine is specified in the b_iodone field of the buf(9S) structure. If such a routine is specified, biodone() calls it and returns without performing any other actions. Otherwise, it performs the steps above. CONTEXT
biodone() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Generally, the first validation test performed by any block device strategy(9E) routine is a check for an end-of-file (EOF) condition. The strategy(9E) routine is responsible for determining an EOF condition when the device is accessed directly. If a read(2) request is made for one block beyond the limits of the device (line 10), it will report an EOF condition. Otherwise, if the request is outside the limits of the device, the routine will report an error condition. In either case, report the I/O operation as complete (line 27). 1 #define RAMDNBLK 1000 /* Number of blocks in RAM disk */ 2 #define RAMDBSIZ 512 /* Number of bytes per block */ 3 char ramdblks[RAMDNBLK][RAMDBSIZ]; /* Array containing RAM disk */ 4 5 static int 6 ramdstrategy(struct buf *bp) 7 { 8 daddr_t blkno = bp->b_blkno; /* get block number */ 9 10 if ((blkno < 0) || (blkno >= RAMDNBLK)) { 11 /* 12 * If requested block is outside RAM disk 13 * limits, test for EOF which could result 14 * from a direct (physio) request. 15 */ 16 if ((blkno == RAMDNBLK) && (bp->b_flags & B_READ)) { 17 /* 18 * If read is for block beyond RAM disk 19 * limits, mark EOF condition. 20 */ 21 bp->b_resid = bp->b_bcount; /* compute return value */ 22 23 } else { /* I/O attempt is beyond */ 24 bp->b_error = ENXIO; /* limits of RAM disk */ 25 bp->b_flags |= B_ERROR; /* return error */ 26 } 27 biodone(bp); /* mark I/O complete (B_DONE) */ 28 /* 29 * Wake any processes awaiting this I/O 30 * or release buffer for asynchronous 31 * (B_ASYNC) request. 32 */ 33 return(0); 34 } ... SEE ALSO
read(2), strategy(9E), biowait(9F), ddi_add_intr(9F), delay(9F), timeout(9F), untimeout(9F), buf(9S) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
After calling biodone(), bp is no longer available to be referred to by the driver. If the driver makes any reference to bp after calling biodone(), a panic may result. NOTES
Drivers that use the b_iodone field of the buf(9S) structure to specify a substitute completion routine should save the value of b_iodone before changing it, and then restore the old value before calling biodone() to release the buffer. SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 1996 biodone(9F)